I am specialized in creating and leading tours which are out of the ordinary; "unique peaces" shaped to your wishes, needs and time factor. I like my job tremendously!
On "toursbylocals website" you will find me and my private tours listed for all regions in country Georgia and specific in field of arts history . So if you are planning to visit these country, I can be your personal guide in Capital Tbilisi and in all of the country Georgia. This is a way to help me to transfer you all my knowledge about culture and history of the places we visit and, on the other side, a way for you to save MONEY.
Mtskheta, Uplistikhe, Vardzia, Kazbegi, Wine regions, Svaneti and Tbilisi with old town's districts and all this sites, cities, regions and museums have no secrets for me. This is my LAND and I am the face, voice and body of it! This is what stimulates me to do my job with competence, passion and sense of responsibility.
So just formulate your request and I will reply you promptly.
What about my background? I am graduated in Culture with a specialization about History of Art and M. A. in Cultural management(developing cultural organizations). Since I was at university my true passion for exploring and my great interests in fine arts and archaeology showed up. I spent many years travelling and working as tour guide, arts manager in different organizations. This experience gave me the opportunity to understand people lifestyles and to improve the foreign languages.
When I travel abroad I don't want to be just a spectator standing by a balcony. I want to interact with the locals. I can't wait to welcome you, to show you my COUNTRY through my eyes and to make you live not a simple tour but a real TRAVEL EXPERIENCE.
Do not hesitate a minute longer, follow me and have fun!
A Recent Review of this guide
David Gareja is an extraordinary place to visit: spectacular scenery and fascinating monastery built into caves on a a remote cliff side. The story of the site as related by our guide, Zurab, is just fascinating. The rest of tour, which included visits to a beautiful convent with a view the snow-capped Caucasus Mts, and a traditional bakery rounded out an exceptional day in magnificent Georgia.
- Guide in Georgia since 2010 (part-time)
- B.A. degree in Art History and Theory at Tbilisi State University (2010)
- M.A. degree in Cultural heritage and modernity (museum studies) at Tbilisi State University (2013)
- Ministry of Culture and Monuments Protection of Georgia 2015/02 - 2016/04 Invited expert as a culture policy maker
- Work Experience National Centre of Manuscripts - Exhibition & Education main specialist (2011-2017)
- part-time lecturer at online university (specializes in cultural diversity ,creative industries and cultural management of Georgia)
Training's and Workshops
- Critical Studies in the Art Market" 3rd PhD summer school at Zeppelin University (Friedrichshafen, Germany). 2015
- Returning from centers to periphery. The power of emerging cultural communities in Europe -
5th Kufstein (Kufstein University. Austria) Summer School for Arts Management (Palea Epidavros, Greece) 2014
- Arts Marketing and Management - Helsinki Summer School at Aalto University. (Helsinki,
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.