Come on a fantastical adventure to Middle Earth and search for Bilbo and the Hobbits!
A must do for the Lord of the Rings fans! Join me for a magical journey to Middle Earth where you can become part of the wonder that was created called Hobbiton! The Hobbiton Movie set was used for The Lord of the Rings film trilogy and The Hobbit film series and is now a popular Tolkien tourism destination. Hobbiton is the only living film set in the world and has a full time team of gardeners to maintain the "town".
Highlights of your Hobbiton Magic Tour with me will include:
- See Bagshot Row, the Party Tree, and Bilbo's Bag End home
- Enjoy a complimentary Hobbit ale or ginger beer in the Green Dragon Inn
- Grab a souvenir at the Shires Rest cafe and shop
- See lush countryside, waterfalls and beautiful New Zealand bush
- Taste Manuka honey and see the live bee display when we stop at a family run Manuka Honey Factory shop.
I love this tour and Hobbiton is really amazing!!
After meeting you at the port we take a scenic drive along the coast before heading over the Tauranga Harbour bridge and then inland and over the Kaimai ranges towards Middle Earth passing typical New Zealand dairy and sheep farms.
On arrival at Hobbiton you will join a 2 hour tour through "The Shire" with lots of photo opportunities - Gandalf's cutting, Bag End, hobbit holes and the Green Dragon Inn. Hear the story of how the remote set was discovered and then enjoy an ale or ginger beer in the Green Dragon Inn.
After your Hobiton tour we make our way back to Tauranga stopping to view some lovely waterfalls and you can take an optional 10 minute walk through lovely NZ bush. We also stop to see the live bee display and taste famous NZ Manuka Honey. . . . Yum!
Finally, after a Tauranga City drive through, its back to the ship or your local accommodation after a fantastical journey to Middle Earth!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you just outside the Port exit gates or in the reception of your local accommodation. I will have a sign with your name on it.
End location: Drop off will be back at the Port gates or to your accomodation.
Duration: 6 hours
The tour is generally 5.5 to 6 hours which includes your 2 hour guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set. Times may vary slightly depending upon Hobbiton tour availability. Departure times may change due to the arrival and departure times of the ship.
All vehicles are comfortable, modern, clean and fully air-conditioned. All vehicles are Passenger Service Vehicles and fully comply with NZ Transport regulations.
6 passenger Estima Minivan. (Best for up to 5 guests but can take 6 Adults)
8 passenger VW Caravelle (6-8 guests)
Larger mini buses and coaches are available for larger groups. Please ask for a quote.
- Pickup and drop off at Tauranga Port or your local accommodation
- Fully escorted tour
- Entry fees to Hobbiton Movie Set
- 2 hour guided Hobbiton Movie Set tour
- Free Hobbit Ale or Ginger Beer in the Green Dragon Inn
- Bottled water
- Free Wifi in vehicle
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 NZD - Lunch
No extra required but you may like to bring cash or credit cards for souvenir shopping at the Shires Rest shop and cafe.
- I can access vehicles for up to 45 passengers. If you have a larger group, please ask me for a quote.
- All cruise ship passengers are met at the Port exit gates. Detailed meeting directions are provided.