Taroko Gorge, breath-taking view of the gorge of Liwu river
*The Taroko Gorge is composed mainly of metamorphic rocks, such as granite, marble and gneiss and it is shaped by mighty Liwu river. The name, Taroko, means "majestic and brilliant" in the language of Truku, the aboriginal tribe residing in the area. Due to its vantage point controlling trading and strategic hub, Taroko possesses numerous historic sites.
*Also we will do Hualien city tour visiting some lovely sites in Hualien.
Start from your hotel
(1) Swallow Grotto, Taroko Gorge, the prime section
(2) Zhuilu Old Trail, an epic trail initially hand carved by Formosan aboriginals thousands of years ago
(3) Taroko Tunnel of Nine Turns
(4) Tianxiang (Lunch on own)
(5) Changchun Shrine & Trail
(6) Qixingtan, Seven Star Lake (Jade Stone Beach)
(7) Pine Garden, last resort for Kamikaze
(8) Dong-ta-men Night Market, featuring aboriginal foods and street performers
(9) Back to your hotel
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
A modern, clean, air conditioned, 8 seater van is used to carry out this tour.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3000 NTD - Food, drinks and entrance tickets.
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks