Discover the legends and most interesting sights of Tallinn with a knowledgeable local guide.
Welcome to Tallinn. During this amazing half a day tour you will see all the most popular sights of the city with a local guide.
This tour is perfect for people who are visiting Tallinn for the first time. We'll discover Tallinn Old Town on foot and then have a round-trip tour by a private car or minibus.
Old Town Walking Tour:
A splendid walk in Tallinn Old Town with your local guide. Admire the picturesque lower town, the fortified town wall with many towers, the Town Hall, one of the oldest continuously functioning pharmacies in the world, St. Olav's Church, Aleksander Nevskij's Cathedral, the Houses of Parliament and experience the magnificent panoramic views from Toompea Hill.
Round-trip to Kadriorg and Pirita:
This tour will take you into baroque style Kadriorg Art Museum and gardens (built by Peter the Great), the Presidential Palace, KUMU New Art Museum, The Song Festival Grounds, St Bridget's Convent Ruins, Pirita beach. We will do a scenic drive along the seaside.
Our day and the time we start the tour is flexible and is meant to accommodate your schedule and interests.
We start with Tallinn Old Town walking tour (this part of town is perfect to explore on foot) and continue our day by a private car or minibus transfer to the outskirts, Pirita and Kadriorg.
I will recommend to you the most authentic souvenirs to buy from Tallinn and if wished you can have a short time for shopping as well.
Estimated time schedule:
00. 00 - 00. 15 warm greeting at harbor outside the port secured area and gate, drive to upper town in Old Town
00. 15 - 02. 15 Upper and Lower town walking tour
02. 15 - 02. 45 free time for shopping in Catharine's Passage and walk to the restaurant
02. 45 - 03. 30 2-course light lunch in old town with traditional local soup and coffee break
03. 30 - 04. 50 Kadriorg-Pirita tour- Kadriorg Palace, Presidential Palace, Estonian Art Museum Kumu, Song Festival Grounds, Olympic yachting center, Pirita sandy beach
04. 50 - 05. 00 drive back to port
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: When the tour starts from cruise port, you need to walk out from cruise port secure area. I will meet you right outside the cruise port gates. You need to walk past the shopping area with souvenirs, out of the port gates. I will hold a sign with your name on it. The walk out can take 10-20 minutes depending on your walking speed and dock. When you step off the ship the walking distance to meeting point is 500-800 meters / 550-880 yards from the the ship.
When the tour starts from hotel, I will be waiting for you at the reception.
End location: I will drop you off at the gate of the cruise ship terminal or at your hotel.
Duration: 5 hours
Transfers for up to 2 persons by private car, for bigger groups by minivan or bus. We will also do some walking.
- My services as your personal tour guide for 5 hours
- 5 hours private car / bus with driver services
- Transfers by a car or a minibus with driver from and to the port official gate (or your hotel) at the end of the tour
- 2 course light lunch with local soup, pastry, coffee/tea, water
- Old town walking tour (2 h)
- 20 min shopping break in the old town
- Kadriorg and Pirita tour (1,5 h)
Tour Highlights viewed during the Old Town walking tour are: Houses of Parliament, Tall Hermann Tower, Dome Church, panoramic views from Toompea Hill, medieval town wall and its towers, Great Guild Hall, Church of the Holy Spirit, Town Hall Square, Town Hall, Town Council's Pharmacy, medieval courtyard Catherin's Passage with private artist's studios.
You are responsible for purchasing any items of a personal nature related to shopping, souvenirs and snacks.
I can arrange this tour for a bigger group (from 5-35 people) with a larger vehicle for an additional cost.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Eva-Maria was amazing and worked with my elderly parents and their walkers. She arranged transportation to accommodate their needs and arranged a fantastic lunch. It was an absolutely perfect day for them with limited mobility. Her knowledge was excellent and her sense of humor is quite keen. An excellent and patient guide. We could not have asked for a more perfect day.