Dive back in history while discovering the Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage site
Discover the Old Town of Tallinn, with its medieval atmosphere, its peculiar glimpses and well preserved buildings that allows the city to be included in the UNESCO heritage.
The entire Old Town is paved in cobbles, each street is characterised by colourful buildings. Its city walls still surround almost the whole historical area. And all the restaurants, several of them with a medieval touch, handicraft shops and markets allow a visitor to dive back in history and contribute to have an unforgettable experience.
00. 00 - 00. 15 Meeting with guide at the pick-up location
00. 15 - 02. 45 Start of the Old Town walking tour, which includes: Castle's square, Orthodox Cathedral, Dome Church, 2 panoramic terraces to enjoy the magnificent view over the city, coffee break.
Then Walk down to the Lower Old Town: St. Olav Church, the merchant's guild houses, the Town Hall Square, the Old Pharmacy.
02. 45 - 03. 15 Some free time for shopping near the Town Hall Square
03. 15 - 03. 30 Return on foot to hotel or harbour
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meeting points are:
- Port gate or your hotel (reception area).
- If you are already in town, I usually pick people up at Vabaduse Valjak (Freedom's Square), next to the Freedom monument (a big Cross monument)
End location: - At the hotel or at the cruise harbour's gate
- In the Town Hall square,
- At Viru Gate (Address: Viru street 24), as agreed during the booking process.
Duration: 3 hours 30 min.
This is a walking tour
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 EUR - You would need some additional money in case you'd like to take lunch or do some shopping during the excursion
If tour starts from cruise harbour, I will meet you at the harbour gate. This means that from the cruise ship you'll need to walk on your own towards the city, passing a souvenir market and some bus parking lots, up to reaching the port's gate