Old Town, Kadriorg Park & Pirita and Synagogue
Welcome to Tallinn. During this amazing half a day tour you will see all the most popular sights of the city with a local guide and make a special visit to the local Synagogue and Jewish Museum.
This tour enables you to capture the essence of Tallinn without doing a lot of walking. Multiple short stops allow you to visit many culturally and architecturally diverse districts.
Admire the fortified Town Wall with many towers, Aleksander Nevskij's Cathedral, the Houses of Parliament, Dome Church and experience the magnificent panoramic views from Toompea Hill.
The sightseeing tour will take you to view the baroque style Kadriorg Palace and gardens (built by Peter the Great), the Presidential Palace, KUMU New Art Museum, The Song Festival Grounds and St Bridget's Convent Ruins.
During the tour you will also enjoy a coffee break with traditional pumpkin soup in the Old Town.
Estimated time schedule:
00. 00 - 00. 15 Warm greeting at cruise port outside the port secured area and gate, drive to Synagogue
00. 15 - 00. 45 Tour in Synagogue with inhouse guide (all days except on Saturday)
00. 45 - 02. 00 Sightseeing tour in Kadriorg Park and Pirita ending at the Upper Old Town
02. 00 - 04. 50 Upper and Lower Old Town walking tour including 2 course light lunch with soup and pastry, coffee or tea in the old town restaurant.
04. 45 - 05. 00 Drive back to cruise port gate
Tour order may be adjusted based on Synagogue opening hours.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: When the tour starts from cruise port, you need to walk out from cruise port secure area. I will meet you right outside the cruise port gates. You need to walk past the shopping area with souvenirs, out of the port gates. I will hold a sign with your name on it. The walk out can take 10-20 minutes depending on your walking speed and dock. When you step off the ship the walking distance to meeting point is 500-800 meters / 550-880 yards from the the ship.
When the tour starts from hotel, I will be waiting for you at the reception.
End location: I will drop you off at the gate of the cruise port. For hotel customers, I can take you back to your hotel or leave at the city center (if wished).
Duration: 5 hours
Transfer for up to 2 persons by private car, for bigger groups by minivan or bus. We will also do some walking.
- My services as your personal tour guide (5h).
- Transfers by a car or a minibus from and to harbour (or your hotel) at the end of the tour - 30 minutes
- guided tour in the Synagogue with their in house guide 30 min
- Kadriorg and Pirita tour (1h 15 minutes)
- Old Town walking tour including some free time for shopping and light 2 course lunch (incl traditional local soup, pastry or cake, coffee/tea) - (2h 45 minutes)
Tour Highlights viewed during the Old Town walking tour are: Houses of Parliament, Tall Hermann Tower, Dome Church, panoramic views from Toompea Hill, medieval town wall and its towers, Great Guild Hall, Church of the Holy Spirit, Town Hall square, Town Hall, Town Council's Pharmacy, medieval courtyard Catherin's Passage with private artist's studios.
Tour Highlights viewed during Kadriorg Park & Pirita tour are:
Kadriorg Park, Kadriorg Palace, President Palace, KUMU Art Museum, Swan pond, Song Festival Grounds, Olympic Village
Small Donation at the Jewish synagogue in required.
You are responsible for purchasing any items of a personal nature related to shopping, souvenirs and snacks.
I can arrange this tour for a bigger group (from 5-35 people) with a larger vehicle for an additional cost.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Eva-Marie wins the prize. 30 years old, darling young woman. She is a winner. We had a driver also. She is beautiful, smart, educated, and fun. We did walk but it was at a nice pace in New Town and Old Town. At the synagogue, which is new, their guide Marek was amazing, and we learned a lot. Tallinn is charming.