Enjoy a day throughout history and discover how the city evolved over time
This tour will give you a whole overview about the capital of Estonia, starting from the Old Town and discovering how the city has evolved throughout times: From middle age (XIII-XVII century), to Tsar times (XVIII-XX century), to nowadays, not forgetting the Soviet period (mid-end XX century).
- Pick up from port or hotel, with private vehicle
- Drive towards Tallinn Old Town.
- Start of the Old Town walking tour, which includes: castle's square, Orthodox Cathedral, Dome Church, 2 panoramic terraces to enjoy the magnificent view over the city, coffee break.
- Walk down to the Lower Old Town: St. Olav Church, the merchant's guild houses, the Town Hall Square, the Old Pharmacy.
- Shopping break (if requested).
- After optional break, by car, we'll discover all most relevant and interesting parts of the new town, which grew around the old town
- Stop at Kadriorg park to enjoy the beautiful park and Peter the Great's summer palace (entrance to palace is optional).
- Back at the car to go and visit the Song Festival Ground.
- After Song Festival Ground, drive through the Soviet District of Lasnamae and Pirita forest.
- Photo stop at the Olympic District, quick stroll on Tallinn beach to enjoy the view of Tallinn skyline.
- Drive back to the harbour or hotel.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meeting points are:
- Port gate or your hotel (reception area).
- If you are already in town, I usually pick people up at Vabaduse Valjak (Freedom's Square), next to the Freedom monument (a big Cross monument).
End location: - At the hotel or at the cruise harbour's gate
- In the Town Hall square
- At Viru Gate (Address: Viru street 24), as agreed during the booking process.
Duration: 5 hours 30 min.
Private vehicle (2016 Jeep Renegade) for up to 3 people
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 EUR - You would need some additional money in case you'd like to take lunch or do some shopping during the excursion
If tour starts from cruise harbour, I will meet you at the harbour gate. This means that from the cruise ship you'll need to walk on your own towards the city, passing a souvenir market and some bus parking lots, up to reaching the port's gate
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour