Discover the Old town and dive into Estonian Folk origins
This tour will give you a whole overview about how Estonia grew throughout history, paying a particular attention on how Estonian traditions were born and consolidated in times. Enjoy a remarkable experience on how Estonian used to live in their countryside, where Estonian folk was born and how these traditions survived to nowadays.
- Pick up from port or hotel, with private vehicle
- Drive towards Tallinn Old Town.
- Start of the Old Town walking tour, which includes: Castle's square, Orthodox Cathedral, Dome Church, King's Garden.
- Walk down to the Lower Old Town: St. Nicholas Church, the merchant's guild houses, the Town Hall Square, the Old Pharmacy.
- Coffe and shopping break.
- After break, by car, we'll head towards the Open air museum, discovering how the modern town has evolved
- Arrival at Rocca al Mare Open air museum and excursion of the museum on foot:
* Different types of farmers' houses from several Estonia areas
* Estonian farmer traditional dresses and handcrafts
* Typical Estonian landscape and sea area
- Drive back to the harbour or hotel
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meeting points are:
- Port gate or your hotel (reception area).
- If you are already in town, I usually pick people up at Vabaduse Valjak (Freedom's Square), next to the Freedom monument (a big Cross monument).
End location: - At the hotel or at the cruise harbour's gate
- In the Town Hall square
- At Viru Gate (Address: Viru street 24), as agreed during the booking process.
Duration: 5 hours
- Private vehicle (2016 Jeep Renegade) for up to 3 people
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 EUR - You would need some additional money in case you'd like to take light meal, coffee or do some shopping during the excursion
If tour starts from cruise harbour, I will meet you at the harbour gate. This means that from the cruise ship you'll need to walk on your own towards the city, passing a souvenir market and some bus parking lots, up to reaching the port's gate