Discover the Old town and dive into Estonian Folk origins
This tour will give you a whole overview about how Estonia grew throughout history, paying a particular attention on how Estonian traditions were born and consolidated in times. Enjoy a remarkable experience on how Estonian used to live in their countryside, where Estonian folk was born and how these traditions survived to nowadays.
- Pick up from port or hotel, with private vehicle
- Drive towards Tallinn Old Town.
- Start of the Old Town walking tour, which includes: Castle's square, Orthodox Cathedral, Dome Church, King's Garden.
- Walk down to the Lower Old Town: St. Nicholas Church, the merchant's guild houses, the Town Hall Square, the Old Pharmacy.
- Coffe and shopping break.
- After break, by car, we'll head towards the Open air museum, discovering how the modern town has evolved
- Arrival at Rocca al Mare Open air museum and excursion of the museum on foot:
* Different types of farmers' houses from several Estonia areas
* Estonian farmer traditional dresses and handcrafts
* Typical Estonian landscape and sea area
- Drive back to the harbour or hotel
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meeting points are:
- Port gate or your hotel (reception area).
- If you are already in town, I usually pick people up at Vabaduse Valjak (Freedom's Square), next to the Freedom monument (a big Cross monument).
End location: - At the hotel or at the cruise harbour's gate
- In the Town Hall square
- At Viru Gate (Address: Viru street 24), as agreed during the booking process.
Duration: 5 hours
- Private vehicle (2016 Jeep Renegade) for up to 3 people
- Private tour guide and driver service (myself)
- Tallinn Old Town city tour on foot
- Excursion outside the old town towards Open air Museum by private vehicle
- Private vehicle (2016 Jeep Renegade) at disposal during the whole excursion (a part for the Old Town area, which is pedestrian and cars are not allowed)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 EUR - You would need some additional money in case you'd like to take light meal, coffee or do some shopping during the excursion
- Cost of Open air museum entrance > EUR 9 (~12 USD) per person
- Some additional money for meals, snacks, drinks or shopping
NB: This tour is set for up to 3 persons. If your group is larger, please request for a tailor made tour.
If tour starts from cruise harbour, I will meet you at the harbour gate. This means that from the cruise ship you'll need to walk on your own towards the city, passing a souvenir market and some bus parking lots, up to reaching the port's gate