Volcano & wine
During this day we will get to know the true Queen of eastern Sicily, who is called by the natives as a muntagna (The mountain): the volcano Etna.
We will begin our journey headed to the Rifugio Sapienza (Sapienza Refuge, at elevation of 1800 m) stopping in front of the Crateri Silvestri.
It's an amazing scenic road where you can admire an unique landscape (moonscape, lava rock, grapes, citrus, walnuts, chestnuts, pears, apple, cherries, peaches etc. . . )
We'll go to a winery for a wine tasting and lunch, here you'll try two important local variety of grape, Nerello Cappuccio e Nerello Mascalese.
Enjoy it !
- Pick up Catania.
- Transfer to Mt Etna, we'll go to the southern part.
- Along a scenic road, we admire an amazing landscape and nature, we'll stop for some pictures and for a coffee in Nicolosi.
- The next stop is Rifugio Sapienza, 1900 meters. Here I show you some lava flows, craters and I tell you information about the highest volcano in Europe.
- An option is to go up to 2900 meters ( Cable car, special bus and volcanic guide), it depending the wheather, time or your interests.
- After the tour, we move to the winery in the northern side, another scenic road.
- At the winery there will be a wine tasting and food.
- Then transfer back to Catania.
- scenic road from Nicolosi to rifugio Sapienza and from Rifugio Sapienza to Zafferana
- walk on the lava flow (cold. . . )
- tasting of excellent wines
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 6 hours
Transportation by Black Sedan Mercedes E Class 2018 Year with license
*If you are more than 3 people, we can arrange the tour by Black Mercedes Van up to 7 people, with a different price.
You can contact me and I will create a customized tour for you.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
95 euro - - Lunch and wine tasting € 30 per person
- Cable car, special bus and volcanic guide € 65
- LICENSED TOUR GUIDE - can give guided tours inside archeological areas, museums and towns
- PROFESSIONAL DRIVER - special permit to transport people
- SPECIFIC LICENSE (NCC) to transport tourists- Luxury Mercedes V Class & Sedan
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Paolo treated us to an absolutely perfect day. Etna had been putting on a show for several days but we were still able to go from the port to a pretty high area and view the craters. We asked for a wine tasting and found that our ship's tour was to the same winery as Paolo had reserved so he made a quick switch to the loveliest winery we've ever seen. The food for the tasting was homemade and served on a beautiful patio. Thank you, Paolo, a great host.