Off the Beaten Path, Authentic Travel Experience in old Parts of Beijing!
During this tour, we will explore the highlights of the old part of Beijing: ancient Chinese cultural streets, temples, the ancient hutongs, traditional architecture, popular restaurants and snack bars. We will not only visit some cultural attractions and unique neighborhoods, but also will wander through like locals to get a taste of the daily life of local people in the city.
If you want to make some changes about the itinerary, please feel free to let me know. Our common goal is that you see what YOU want to see.
1. Jingshan Park: It was a private garden of the imperial family.
2. Yonghegong Lama Temple: Yonghegong Lama Temple is one of the largest and most important Tibetan Buddhist monasteries in the world.
3. Nanluoguxiang Hutong: a lane or hutong with a history of over 700 years dating back to Yuan Dynasty.
4. Wudaoying Hutong: a lane or hutong with a history of over 500 years dating back to Ming Dynasty.
5. A La Carte Lunch (optional): we will have a la carte lunch at an elegant and noted local restaurant. Feel free to let me know if you have special needs for the food.
6. Houhai Lake: There are three lakes there.
7. Wangfujing food street.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
Weather and traffic may affect this tour.
Modern clean air-conditioned vehicles: 1) four seats Volks Wagenwerk or Hyundai or Toyotabcars for 1-2 people. 2) 5-9 seats business vans for 3-7 people.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 rmb (1 US$ is about 6.5 rmb) - entry fees.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Great day with Sonia. She shared information and engaged us in interesting conversation. We really enjoyed our time with her