Off the beaten track
Let me take you to the one of my favourite areas of Moscow, a place where you can see how one epoch displaces another!
The route runs through one of the central, but not very touristy area of Moscow to the East of the Kremlin. It starts from Myasnitsky (Butcher's) Gates Square, continues along Chistу Prudy (Clean Ponds) Boulevard and finishes not far from Kitay-Gorod Metro Station. Along the way through crooked lanes and courtyards I will show you some hidden architectural masterpieces and tell stories about people who lived there.
This area has few hotels and it is more residential than the rest of the city center. It has a lot of quirky cafes, small museums and clubs. If you like, we go to one of my favourite places "Chainaya Vysota" to taste some exclusive kinds of ice-cream they make there.
I meet you in your hotel and we go by metro or by taxi to a starting point of our tour.
On route we will see:
The highlights of the route are:
- the unique XIX century "Chinese" teashop
- the first builidng, which dared to rise higher, than the Kremlin's Ivan the Great Belltower
- a last residence of the infamous murderess of the 1700s
- the 'candy-house' of major sweets producers of the XIX century
- the "egg-house" - one of the most expensive real estate objects in Moscow you still can buy (nobody did in last 10 years).
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel
Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 RUB - Freshly baked pirozhki in a church pastry kiosk
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Very interesting tour of an interesting part of Moscow. Maria gave a super tour. Her English was very good, and she had a ton of knowledge about the history of Moscow which she shared with passion. Our family really enjoyed the tour. Recommendable
Magnus Johan Dagestad