The Western Walls and Vaults
Take a walking tour of medieval Southampton.
We shall follow the western walls and discover the history of the medieval merchant town.
* where Henry VIII met Anne Boleyn in secret
* who helped the Royal Navy to become so successful in battle by his designs and innovations
* all about the Pilgrim Fathers and the Mayflower
* see where the US Soldiers in WWII were stationed
* and much much more. . .
* Meet at the Bargate or other designated point
* Walk through the streets of Southampton, stopping at certain buildings of interest and vault
* The tour finishes at the Woolhouse (Dancing Man Brewery).
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: It is possible to meet at your hotel if it is in the vicinity of the city centre or port.
Duration: 1 hour 30 min.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 British Pound Sterling - * £10 - lunch
* £5 - entrance to Tudor House Museum (we pass by the museum on the tour)
* £5 - Guide book of the museum
The amount of local currency that you carry will depend on whether you have plans to buy drinks or food or souvenirs.
The figures quoted above are only guidelines.
I am not a driver guide.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Andrew W. Was my wife and my guide for a tour of old town Southampton. He was a 5 star guide. Very knowledgeable, his tour was at a casual pace. He was timely, courteous and professional. We both enjoyed his tour tremendously and highly recommend him.