Walking tour of Florence and visit of the Accademia Gallery
This tour is a perfect introduction to the city for new comers as well as travelers back to Florence. It covers the must see places but also some hidden gems that only locals know about such as artisan workshops or the best places for a gelato.
The tour is not a history conference, but a pleasant stroll through the city centre, enjoying it in slow motion and learning a lot about Florence, but especially those things that you are most interested in.
In only 4 hours you will learn and discover so many things about Florence that would take you days of research on your own.
The best way to finish a tour is with a guided visit of the Accademia Gallery housing Michelangelo's David. Here you will discover the fascinating story of a genius and his masterpiece. I will take care of the museum reservations to skip the long lines.
* The tour is available from Tuesday to Sunday. The Accademia Gallery is closed on Mondays.
- Piazza del Duomo is the religious centre of the city. We will discover here one of the oldest architectonical monuments, the Baptistery, the Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore and Giotto's Bell-Tower.
- Piazza della Repubblica, the square is famous for its historic caffès and pastry shops.
Our next stop will be Orsanmichele, a special church in Florence with a fascinating history.
- We will walk towards the former straw market that the Florentines call "Mercato del Porcellino" because of the bronze statue of a wild boar with a shining nose.
Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in Florence.
- We will also admire the Uffizi building, right next to Piazza della Signoria, an open air museum unique in Tuscany and even in Italy with its magnificent statues.
After a short walk along a colorful medieval street, we will find Piazza Santa Croce and the Basilica of Santa Croce.
- Guided visit of the Accademia Gallery
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 4 hours
This is a walking tour, the transportation by car is not necessary.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 Euro - 50 Euro - Personal expenses - Lunch, gelato, coffee etc...
Since I do not have a commercial driver's license, I cannot drive during tours. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
This was our first time in Florence, and we only had the afternoon so we wanted to make the most of it. Eliza was fantastic. She was friendly and informative. She showed us the highlights - and the David, of course - in the short time we had. Florence is a beautiful city. We only wish we could have stayed longer. Grazie mille Eliza!