Private Tour Just for You - Visit Major Must-Sees in Hakone
Hakone is one of the most popular destinations in Japan. This tour is led by a professional local guide licensed by the Japan national tourism organization. In this tour, you can visit many great spots in just one day. Your tour is completely customizable, so feel free to tell us your preferences and we custom the tour for you.
You may choose 5 to 6 places to visit
- Meet at your hotel in Hakone or Odawara/Yumoto station between 9 - 10 am
- Ride a cable car and see a great view of Mt. Fuji *depends on the weather
- Enjoy Lake Ashi boat cruise
- Visit Traditional Japanese Craft "Yosegi" store
- Eat Japanese food for lunch
- Visit 1262 years old Hakone Shinto Shrine
- Visit Onshi Hakone Park for beautiful Japanese gardens
- Walk the historical path of Old Tokaido
- Visit one of the oldest tea-houses (not tea room)
- Refresh in a local open air hot spring (pubulic bath) *Optional and we need to remove 1 or 2 places from the list to experience this hot spring
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel
Duration: 6 hours 30 min.
1 day tour is usually between 6 - 7 hours depends on your interests. The duration might be affected by weather and traffic conditions.
We use public transport and costs will vary depending on the places we plan to visit.
The cost of private transport (taxi) will be around 8,200 JPY/hour.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5500 JPY - - lunch for both of your group and the guide (around 1,500 JPY each)
- ticket for cable car (1,300 JPY) *optional
- ticket for Lake Ashi cruise (1,000- 1,500 JPY) *optional
- admission fee for hot-spring (1,670 JPY)*optional
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I'm a licensed guide for only English, not other languages.
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Shin was an absolutely fantastic guide picked us up from our accommodation in Gora and guided us around beautiful Hakone. We walked up to the Hakone shrine, the emperors summer house thru the beautiful gardens, to the old Tokaido trail where we were lucky with a glimpse of Mt Fuji out across Lake Ashi, to Amazake Chaya Tea House where we enjoyed a traditional hot sweet saki. Shin has great communication and is very passionate about his culture this tour was a highlight of our trip to Japan.