A comprehensive tour of Barcelona. Chauffeured & walking.
With our driver, we will head to the hill of Montjuic, where you will find a large city park, headquarters of the 1992 Olympic Games, along with wonderful views of the city.
From Montjuich the tour continues with the port area, passing by the statue of Christopher Columbus, the Beach area, Arch of Triumph, Plaza Cataluña, the Passeig de Gracia, one of the Barcelona's most elegant and exclusive avenues.
Here is where we will find the famous Modernist houses, including the Gaudi's Batlló & Mila masterpieces.
Another stop will be made at the Sagrada Familia, for the photos and OUTSIDE visit.
After a lunch break, your day will continue with the visit to the Gothic Quarter (walking visit)
I will show the remains of the city wall, the Cathedral built in 1298, a great example of Catalan Gothic Architecture. The Plaça Sant Jaume and the Plaça del Rei. It is said that the Catholic monarchs, Ferdinand and Isabella, received Columbus here when he returned from America.
La Rambla avenue and its Boqueria food market.
- Plaça Espanya
- Montjuich hill: 1992 Olympic facilities. Nice garden for the city views
- Christoper Columbus monument
- Old harbor, Barceloneta district, Olympic harbor and beach area
- Arch of Triumph, built on the occasion of the 1888 Universal Exhibition
- Plaça Catalunya, the central square in Barcelona
- Passeig de Gracia avenue: Gaudi's Batlló and Mila houses
- Sagrada Familia basilica -outside visit- . If you wish to visit the inside, let me know
- Visit to the Gothic Quarter: Cathedral, Plaça Sant Jaume (site of the Catalan Autonomous Government Palace and the City Hall ), Plaça del Rei.
- La Rambla avenue & the Boqueria food market
All the food markets are closed on Sundays & public holidays
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: For hotels not located in Barcelona city or airport pick up, there is an extra cost.
Duration: 6 hours
4 hours chauffeured (morning)
Walking visit (afternoon)
Coach or Mercedes Mini van for 4 hours
and Walking tour
I can accommodate LARGER groups.
Please contact me and I will book a larger A/C luxury minibus.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 Euros - Lunch, snacks, drinks.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had a wonderful day in Barcelona with Mar's guidance. She pulled off a miracle by getting us skip the line tickets to Sagrada Familia. Her commentary inside made us appreciate its beauty even more. The entire day was well planned and interesting. Mar's knowledge of Barcelona and its history is extensive. She made sure that her presentation was relevant to the adults and children. Great tour guide!