Make the most out of your Amsterdam visit!
Discover wonderful Amsterdam and historical highlights from Golden Age times to contemporary lifestyle!
On this private walking tour we will explore the Dutch cultural heritage of the city centre, unique for its large and untouched history; social background, Golden Age history, stunning architecture, picturesque canal views and famous city landmarks!
On our tour we will pass the Royal Palace, National Monument, the Canal District - an Unesco Heritage Site, the quite Begijnhof midst the buzzy centre, the floating Flower Market and of course the Red Light District, along with legendary cityscapes. And of course we will taste some Dutch cheese!
Optional but a must - round up your tour with a canal boat ride - for an hour, with a wonderful wooden boat and an exceptional local skipper!
Experience Amsterdam like a local away from crowds, either as private boat ride or as a shared one but only max 12 people on board; learn all about houseboats, maritime and the city's domination by water
- Walk at Dam Square and Royal Palace, a Historical cityscape
- WW II iconic Monument
- Pass through Flowers Floating Market
- Unesco Heritage Canal Belt Ring
- 9 Streets District
- Walk hidden gem centre & historical landmark of Begijnhof
- Walk past cozy hidden streets & visit the lively Nieuwmarkt centre
- Stroll around the most notorious - yet safe - Red Light District
- Admire the old church - Oudekerk
- Finish your tour with an 1-hour canal boat cruise (optional)
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Monument/Building
Duration: 3 hours
- pick-up/return with private taxi (on additional cost)
- walking tour
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 euros - for food & drinks
- Personal Expenses
- Licensed to guide only the Van Gogh & Rijks Museum; Other museums have their own guides & audio tours.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Thank you very much for a wonderful tour and for your patience in answering all of our questions. This was our first visit to Amsterdam, and your walking city tour was perfect as an introduction. It was a pleasure to get acquainted with you and with the city. Thank you for making our tour so helpful and enjoyable.