Private Car & Walking Tour
The tour is perfect for visitors who like Frederic Chopin's music and would like to see the outskirts of Warsaw.
During the tour:
- go to Zelazowa Wola and see the house where Chopin was born and his parents had met
- walk in a beautiful park and be surrounded by his music
- listen to Chopin concerts in the manor's garden (Saturdays and Sundays)
- watch a movie about Chopin's life in Poland and France in the park's movie theater
- optionally: visit the 14th-century church where Chopin's parents got married and later baptised little Frederic
- have lunch or coffee in a typical Polish restaurant Recipe for Compote
- admire the Mazovian landscape and the Kampinos National Park on the way
If you want to change the program of the tour, e. g. make it longer and visit the Palace in Wilanow as well, let me know. We can also see other Mazovian attractions such as the Nieborow Palace and Park in Arkadia, or visit other Chopin sites in Warsaw.
First we will go 30 miles to Żelazowa Wola where Frederic Chopin was born and spent the first few months before moving to Warsaw. We will see a manor house where he lived with his family, walk in a park to listen to his music among trees and flowers, spend 20 minutes in the cinema to see two short films about his life.
Then we will have a break in one of the best restaurants in the Mazovian region to see Polish folklore and have a coffee or lunch.
On the way back we will visit a church in Brochów where little Frederic was baptised. We will also admire Mazovian landscape and Kampinos National Park.
In my opinion, Chopin's birthplace is one of the best sites in the outskirts of Warsaw. It is one of my favourite places in Poland.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 6 hours
If you want to make the tour longer there are three options:
1. We will also visit the Wilanow Palace and Gardens (called the Polish Versailles) - then the tour is 8 hours (that is the best option in my opinion)
2. We will also visit the Nieborow Palace, Park in Arkadia and Heritage Park in Maurzyce - then the tour will take 8-9 hours
3. We will also visit Chopin's places in Warsaw: Krakowskie Przedmieście street, Pilsudski Square, Royal Lazienki Park - then the tour will take 8-9 hours
Chevrolet Cruze (for up to 4 travelers, station wagon, clean, A/C)
For larger groups I can hire a minivan or a bus for an extra fee. We can also use cab minivans.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60 PLN - Admission to the museum and park in Zelazowa Wola is USD 5.5 per person (it is not included in the price of the tour). The ticket includes films in the cinema.
Lunch in the Recipe for Compote Restaurant is about USD 10.
Coffee is USD 4.
Chopin and Mazovian souvenirs are USD 1-15.
My vehicle can fit up to 6 passengers. If you need a bigger one, let me know and I will organize a van or a bus.
I can create tailor-made tours as well. If you have any special wishes/requests, let me know.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Very charming and competent guide. Honest and with many helpful suggestions for your visit in Warsaw