The Queen of the Alps
A scenic boat ride to Europe's oldest cog train, stunning views of the Alps and several lakes, hiking paths for all fitness levels and alpine restaurants allows you to experience a little bit of everything Switzerland has to offer. Mt Rigi is called the Queen of the Mountains for a reason and calls for you to experience her in all her majesty.
- After meeting we will board the ship (normal departure time is :12 after every hour) for a scenic cruise.
- Arrive in the village of Vitznau and board the Cog Train to the top of Rigi Kulm
- Have lunch with a view of Lake Lucerne and/or the Alps
- A casual hike with several viewpoints
- Gondola Ride down to the Village of Weggis (once the home of Mark Twain)
- Boat ride back to Lucerne
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station
Duration: 8 hours
Some tours run this trip in 5 hours. However, I highly recommend not rushing the trip and taking your time. It's better to take your time and experience the mountain than rushing from one mode of transportation to the next.
Boat, Cog Train, Gondola
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 CHF - For food, snacks, drinks, and souvenirs
- Public Transportation Tickets
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Doug was friendly, knowledgeable and tailored our tour of Mt Rigi specifically to our group and the weather. It was cold snowy day, but we had a fabulous time hiking and sampling food along the way. He's a great guide! We felt like he was a long time friend rather than someone we met hours earlier. Thanks Doug! Carol and the Orlando crew.