Fairy Tale Castles and breathtaking Alpine Landscapes
Explore the Bavarian Royal Castles.
Discover and enjoy the most beautiful parts of Bavaria on this private day tour!
Meeting at your Hotel lobby in Munich, we start using the " Autobahn and winding country roads " towards Ludwig II Castles ( Neuschwanstein & Linderhof ) at the foot of the Bavarian Alps.
The Tour leads through beautiful alpine landscapes with several interesting and breathtaking sights and stops on the way.
During the leasurly drive I will introduce you to all the needed information about what you see - and I will show and explain to you why Bavaria is the most popular and admired state in Germany. . .
Important possible sights on this tour:
- Neuschwanstein Castle
- Hohenschwangau Castle
- Linderhof Villa style Castle
- " The Wies " baroque / rokoko church, a accredited UNESCO Cultural World Heritage
- Oberammergau, the wood carvers & Passion Play village ( 2020 )
- " Ettal " Monastery
- and much more. . .
YOU let me know where YOU want to stop and how much YOU want to see.
In the morning, I will pick you up at your hotel.
- Drive over the "Autobahn and rural country roads "
- See typical rural bavarian villages and country life.
- See Ludwig II's Fairy Tale Castles, where we will participate in the official guided tours.
- See churches and monasteries.
- Then continue driving through a wonderful mountain lake valley in the Austrian alps ( Passports required ) to reach Linderhof Palace, Ludwig II's breathtaking hideaway with its beautiful palace garden.
- Oberammergau, the charming wood carver's and Passion Play village with wood-workshops, all year christmas souvenir-shops, painted houses and cafés. . .
- the itinerary may be changed according to YOUR wishes depending on the scheduled time by the Neuschwanstein Ticket Office.
- it is best to book this tour at least 14 days in advance to make sure that I can make your reservations for the guided tour in Neuschwanstein Castle without extra costs ( see notice below ).
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 11 hours
Depending on traffic and scheduled times for the tours inside the palaces, the duration may vary.
I will pick you up at your place of stay
around 8:00 - 8:30.
YOU will determin the duration of the tour and when to be back latest ( for example for dinner... )
I will drive you in a luxury VW Highline van with 6 comfortable passenger seats.
- Children seats available for most ages.
0-3 years, please provide own children safety equipment.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 EUR - Admission / Entrance fees
- Carriage / Bus
Credit Cards are still not accepted everywhere.
Cash in Euros on hand is adviseable.
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
One of the best tours we took on our trip to Europe. Max was an excellent guide. His transportation was very clean and comfortable. He was very personable. We loved more of the local feel of the tour. We would highly recommend him to anyone!