Helsinki and Porvoo Private Day Tour With Guide and Driver
Combine a tour of Helsinki, the nation's Capital City , with Porvoo , a picturesque town from the Swedish period and one of the oldest towns in Finland.
Porvoo, rich with history from both the Swedish and Russian periods of colonial rule, was founded on the banks of the river back in 1346 during the period of Swedish rule. From the middle ages onwards it prospered enormously from the exportation of tar. The red-painted warehouses lining the shores of the river are a testament to this history.
Standing proudly on the hilltop, the Porvoo Cathedral hosted the visit of Alexander I back in 1809 effectively ushering in the period of Russian rule. A statue of the emperor inside the cathedral commemorates this historical moment.
After some free time in Porvoo, we will return to Helsinki and go onto explore the city's most iconic landmarks amongst them: The Senate Square, Rock Church and Sibelius Monument. Some free time will also be available during this part of the tour.
1) Meet at hotel or cruise harbor with guide plus transport and begin tour.
2) Drive to Porvoo with commentary on route. This is a journey of about 45 minutes.
3) Walk around Porvoo with guide and visit cathedral (subject to availability) followed by free time.
4) Return to Helsinki
5) Tour of Helsinki visiting the city's major landmarks : The Senate Square , Sibelius Monument, the famous Rock Church and Chapel of Silence ( last two subject to availability). Free time will be available.
6) Tour completed. I will accompany you back to your hotel or cruise harbor.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 6 hours
We will use a comfortable minibus and this will be available for the complete duration of the tour.
If your group size exceeds ten please contact me for a personalized offer.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 EUR - Finland is an expensive country and you can count on approx EUR 10 for a refreshment stop per person.
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Sight, I am not allowed to give tours inside the Suomenlinna Maritime Fortress. Only accredited Suomenlinna guides permitted. The island is visible from the mainland by boat where commentary is unrestricted.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Maria did a wonderful job. We really enjoyed our day in Helsinki. Thank you Maria!!