Visit one of Barcelona's famous markets and learn the secrets of traditional Spanish and Catalan cuisine!
Come and join our cooking experience with a local Grandma (or Grandpa!)
In this vibrant cooking experience one of our Grandmas, assisted and translated by a host, will show you around the Santa Caterina or Boqueria market! Peruse one of the markets that Barcelona is famous for, as we tailor the menu for the experience with the best fresh and seasonal ingredients right before your eyes.
Afterwards, we will make the short walk to the cozy kitchen where we will begin to prepare the food and ingredients for the meal.
Led by Grandma and equipped with an apron, cutting board, and all of the tools necessary, every participant will actively play a role in preparing the dishes amidst chatting and learning not only about the food, but also Barcelona and Spanish culture.
Experience Barcelona's heart and character the best way possible - her food!
- Meet at Santa Caterina or Boqueria market to select the ingredients for the experience.
- Make the short walk to the kitchen lab where the workshop will take place.
- Workshop begins! Follow along with Grandma as she spins together delicious dishes and walks you through the process.
- Lastly, enjoy your creations alongside your friends, family, and Grandma, all accompanied with local wines and refreshments to round off your meal!
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Suggested by Guide: Or meet us directly at Santa Caterina Market
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
- Market groceries tour: 1 hour
- Welcome in the kitchen and drink/snack: 30 minutes
- Hands-on cooking class: 1.5 hours
- Chating with Grandma and tasting the menu: 1.5 hours.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 Euros - Bring cash if you want to buy some souvenirs at the market, such as vacuum packed ham, spices, olive oil, among other tasty snacks!
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
My husband and I loved celebrating our first anniversary with Yves and his "grandmother" Clara, learning how to prepare and appreciate some common Catalonian dishes. They were delicious! Book this tour!