View spectacular coastal scenery on a Full Day Shore Excursion with a Private Guide
The tour will take you around spectacular Port Phillip Bay, viewing the beautiful bayside beaches with charming bathing boxes and the raw grandeur of the ocean beaches that face rugged Bass Strait. You will possibly see porpoises and seals on your ferry journey across the scenic entrance to Port Phillip Bay. You will see great views of the Bay and distant Melbourne from the lookout at Arthurs Seat.
There are many options to choose from as you tour in this beautiful region:
- you can view Cape Schanck lighthouse that guide ships through the treacherous waters of Bass Strait, or
- visit Bells Beach, world famous surf beach, or
- explore an Australian fort built to protect Melbourne from a possible Russian invasion in the 1800's, or
- you can explore Point Nepean National Park, one of Victoria's most beautiful natural landscapes, or
- visit a wildlife sanctuary and see kangaroos, emus, and water birds
The tour circumnavigates Port Phillip Bay, heading past trendy St Kilda and the famous Brighton Bathing Boxes to arrive at Arthurs Seat for a great view over Port Phillip Bay.
After visiting the failed 1803 convict settlement , we visit Sorrento, home of the rich & famous, before a ferry trip across The Rip with the chance to see dolphins playfully following the ferry if you are lucky.
At Queenscliff, there is a fort and two lighthouses to view, as well as many antique and curio shops, before returning to Melbourne past Point Lonsdale lighthouse and the impressive You Yang Ranges.
In addition, you can choose one of the following major attractions:
- Cape Schanck lighthouses,
- Bells Beach, the world famous surf beach,
- Historic Fort Queenscliff*
- Picturesque Point Nepean National Park*.
- A wildlife sanctuary to view kangaroos, emus and water birds
Let me know if you have any specific requests.
* Subject to availability due to variations in opening hours
Note - some tours operate in reverse order
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours 30 min.
I will ensure you return to the Cruise Ship Terminal 45 minutes prior to departure. The trip may need to be shortened to suit ship arrival and departure times.
This tour may be varied or cancelled at short notice for operational reasons or adverse weather.
You will travel in a comfortable airconitioned vehicle. The ferry is a comfortable all weather ferry with passenger lounges to sit and admire the views.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 AUD - Cost of lunch at Sorrento,Queenscliff, or Arthurs Seat (depending on option chosen).
PLUS $10 Transporter fee if Point Nepean National Park option chosen
PLUS $10 Entrance fee if Fort Queenscliff Fort Tour option chosen
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Greg showed us all around Melbourne. We were able to see so much more with him than if we had been on a group tour. He went above and beyond and showed us everything we requested and more. The van he used was very comfortable to ride in for an all day tour. You can't go wrong by hiring Greg to show you around.