Hong Kong's nature at its finest on a private walking tour
Lantau is known as Hong Kong's green lung, and you can imagine stepping back in time 50 years when you visit. Most of this stunning island is untouched and can only be accessed by public transport. I will navigate you seamlessly through the highlights in this 8 hour private tour. Highlights include, a private car transfer from your accommodation to the cable-car, skip the line access at the cable-car (I am a licensed guide and so you will avoid the long lines), the Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery and Tai O fishing village.
- private car transfer from hotel, ship or airport to cable-car station at Tung Chung
- skip the line access and the 24-minute ride of the Ngong Ping cable-car
- a introduction to the Po Lin Monastery and Big Buddha
- a detailed exploration of Tai O fishing village by foot and by boat*
- a ferry ride for a close-up look at the building Hong Kong-Macau- Zhuhai tunnel / bridge (due open end 2018)
- a chance to try traditional and hard to find homemade snacks and treats
Tour price includes private car transfer to and from Tung Chung on Lantau Island. The rest of Lantau Island will be explored by by foot and by boat.
*Optional small boat ride available in Tai O (HKD $30 per person)
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel
Duration: 7 hours
We will be using public transport on this tour. Please see earlier details for how to use the Octopus travelcard.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 HKD - There are no entry fees but if the markets are on the agenda, then a little more cash is advisable.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
outstanding tour, enjoyed all aspects A fascinating look at a part of Hong Kong that is a hidden gem