Tour of Slovenian coast and its hinterland, visiting natural and historical attractions
Spend a day on Slovenian coast with probably the best guide in the country. You have complete freedom to tailor your perfect day. We can have lunch in some of the best local restaurants in the country, tasting some really inventive yet traditional dishes. We can also stop for prosciutto ham and wine tasting in a traditional wine cellars.
There are 4 basic options for a day trip:
- tour of the coast and its hinterland, visiting small villages and lovely coastal towns - Koper, Izola, Piran, Portorož and Soline salt fields, where salt is still produced in the traditional, centuries-old method
- tour of Škocjan UNESCO caves and Lipica horse farm (world-class attractions)
- tour to Goriška Brda, the Tuscanny of Slovenia (small medieval villages, endless vineyards and rolling hills, superb food and amazing wine tasting opportunities)
- tour to Postojna cave (Slovenia's number 1 attraction) and Predjama castle
- tour to Ljubljana (the capital) or other
This is a day trip tailored to your wishes. I meet you at your preferred location at a chosen time, and drop you off there at an agreed time.
We have three basic options:
- a tour of the coast and its hinterland
- a tour of Škocjan UNESCO caves and Lipica horse farm
- a tour to Goriška Brda, the Tuscanny of Slovenia
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 6 hours
The duration of your tour depends on your choice (it can be shorter or longer than the suggested 6 hours, between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m.).
Modern and clean 9-seat mini bus. Air-con, stereo with a choice of local or world music.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 Euro - Local payments depend on your choices of attractions and food.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Gregor was fantastic -- we got a great tour of much of Slovenia and he added some sights such as the famous white horses and also hung out with me in Koper after dropping off the rest of our party at the cruise ship so that I could see more of the town.