A great day around the highlands and stunning Glencoe
Glencoe and the road from the central belt of Scotland to Glencoe is simply stunning. One thing most clients of mine notice it is Scotland is not been destroyed by capitalism we have our country mostly as nature intended and nowhere is this truer than the highlands of Scotland.
You will be whisked away from the hustle & bustle of city living to a place where time stood still. But on route, we will see some stunning places along the way.
Come experience the natural beauty of Scotland on our pilgrimage to Glencoe.
Pick up from your hotel in Edinburgh or Glasgow
8. 00 am pickup In Edinburgh and travel towards Callendar & Kilmahog passing by the roadside Linlithgow palace, The Kelpies, Stirling Castle & The National Wallace Monument.
9. 30 am arrive at Kilmahog for a coffee stop and a chance to feed the Hairy Highland Cows (Hamish Dhu, Honey & Baby Heather to their friends)
10. 15 am leave Kilmahog heading to Glen Etive passing through Crianlarich, Tyndrum, Bridge of Orchy on the route.
12. 15 pm Arrive at Glen Etive to try and spot some wild deer & other wildlife
12. 45 leave Glen Etive & travel through Glencoe before stopping off in either the village of Glencoe or the Claicaig Inn.
1. 15 pm Lunch
2. 15 pm Leave Glencoe and hit the road back to Edinburgh taking in some other sights along the way
5. 15 pm arrive back in Edinburgh after a relaxing day taking in the sights.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 9 hours
Tour times may vary slightly due to weather and traffic conditions as well as seasonal opening times.
You will be driven in a 2016 model Volkswagen Transporter T6 kombi vehicle. The vehicle is maintained to the highest standard, is clean, very comfortable and air-conditioned.
I can accommodate a maximum of 7 passengers, but with 5 passengers everyone gets a window seat with the middle seats in the rear convert into a nice little table to lean on and store water & snacks.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 GBP - This will be more than enough to cover lunch and snacks if you do wish to buy gifts for family at home you might need more.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
Please note; I am not a licensed guide and will not be able to guide you inside of historical monuments. I can, however, accompany you inside and provide a brief overview.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Such a great day! My wife and I are traveling with our four kids. We were planning to travel to Edinburgh on the Caledonian sleeper train but could not drop our bags off for several hours. We wanted to see some of the beautiful highlands so we looked up this tour. James was very kind and immediately helped us feel as though we were spending quality time with a life-long friend. His passion for his beautiful country is easy to understand and even easier to take home as your own! Thanks James!!