A comprehensive guided tour of Bucharest's must-see places
Is this your first time in Bucharest? Then this is the ideal tour for you!
Discover the city's intricate past and vibrant present through its most significant sights and monuments. You will have your local guide with you to give you a thoroughly researched historical & cultural context and answer (hopefully) all your questions.
On this 'best of Bucharest' tour you will:
- get a comprehensive view of the capital city of Romania
- visit some of Romania's iconic buildings and sights
- get a taste of the local culture and plenty of occasions to buy souvenirs
- enjoy a low-paced custom-made tour with plenty of time for you to savor the city's atmosphere, share stories and discuss in detail
The tour is by all means flexible and can be tailored to your particular needs or interests. It can also be easily adapted for larger groups.
Drop me a line and I will get back to you in no time with a tour custom-made just for you.
We will visit all the relevant sights such as:
* the House of the People - nowadays Palace of Parliament
* the Old Town where Bucharest first grew as a metropolis
* the University Square with its delightful architecture mix
* the Revolution Square where the 1989 demonstrations in Bucharest started
* the former Royal Palace, nowadays National Museum of Art
*the gorgeous Romanian Athenaeum (1888)
* the open air Village Museum with genuine popular architecture from all around the country. (Closed on Mondays)
We will further discuss the itinerary together so that it best suits you.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 7 hours
This is a full day tour that can last anywhere between 6 and 8 hours.
You will set the pace of our tour so the duration will vary accordingly. Also it might be affected by weather and traffic conditions.
This is a sightseeing and walking tour.
Transportation from one sight of interest to the next will be done with a private air conditioned car driven by a professional driver.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
180 RON - 38 EUR/person should cover for a meal at a local restaurant plus the admission fees to the Palace of Parliament (40 RON), the Romanian Athenaeum (10 RON) and the Village Museum (15 RON).
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I do not drive but I collaborate with a professional driver.
The Palace of Parliament & the Ceausescu Mansion have their own guides for the interior visits.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Excellent tour with superb guide! Highly recommend this tour to better understand Romanian history in general and Bucharest in particular. The full day tour covered the essentials and went by quickly. Completely satisfied with this tour.