Private Sightseeing Tour of Addis Ababa with a Local Tour Guide
This is about 8 hours private sightseeing city tour of Addis Ababa.
Things to do and places to visit in Addis Ababa I guide you at include:
* National Museum of Ethiopia to see fossils of Lucy (1 hour)
* Merkato market - the largest open air market in Africa (1 hour)
* Holy Trinity Cathedral - the most important religious site in Addis Ababa (30 minutes)
* Drive to Mount Entoto to have a panoramic view of Addis Ababa (1 hour)
* Have local lunch a traditional Ethiopian restaurants in Addis Ababa (1 hour)
* Visit the Ethnographic Museum of Ethiopia (30 - 45 min)
* Experience the Ethiopian culture by attending a typical Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony. (30 min - 1 hour)
* See historical monuments and major landmarks in Addis Ababa such as the buildings of the HQ of the African Union, the UN Economic Commission for Africa, and Meskel Square - the main square of Addis Ababa. (1 hour)
NB - THIS TOUR CAN BE ARRANGED TO FIT VISITOR'S TIME & INTERESTS BEST.
Contact me soon and enjoy experiencing Addis Ababa.
PRIVATE CITY TOUR OF ADDIS ABABA
I will meet you at Addis Ababa Bole Int'l Airport OR your hotel in Addis Ababa, and start City Tour of Addis Ababa with about 1 hour visit of National Archeological Museum of Addis Ababa to mainly see the fossil remains of Lucy - 3. 18 mil years old.
Addis Ababa City Tour continues for the next 2 hours with visiting the Holy Trinity Cathedral - the main religious site in Addis Ababa, the Ethnological Museum.
After lunch stop of about 1 hour, we will drive to Mount Entoto to enjoy the great views of Addis Ababa and for local family visit to attend Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony.
Spend the last few hours of the city tour in Addis Ababa with visiting Mercato market - the largest open air market in Africa, and scenic drive on the main streets of Addis Ababa.
City Tour of Addis Ababa can be customized to include Ethiopian cultural dinner to taste a variety of delicious Ethiopian meals, and see the dances of the Ethiopian people LIVE.
Contact me, and experience Addis Ababa best!
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Airport, Hotel, Suggested by Guide: I will pick you up from where you are Addis Ababa - the airport, any hotel or any other location. If we are to meet at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport, the exact meeting point is after you get out of the terminal (building), to your left you'll see a long walking steps between two big trees. I'll be waiting you there with a sign of your name.
Duration: 8 hours 30 min.
Merkato market can not be visited on Sundays as shops are closed and activities are limited.
During this tour we use a private comfortable and air conditioned Toyota Minibus (3 - 6 visitors) OR Toyota Corolla (for 1 or 2 visitors).
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 Ethiopian Birr (ETB) - This 500 Ethiopian Birr is the approximate local payment per person only for admission (entrance) fees to visit churches, museums, and other places mentioned.
1 US Dollar is equivalent to about 30 Ethiopian Birr
Please, keep in mind that price may increase anytime.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Muluken is a polite and helpful guide. The tour covered many places of interest and a good variety and balance. Memorable lunch that was home cooked with home made beer! Highly recommended. Thank you for a very pleasant tour. Jonathan
Jonathan Di Rollo