Sightseeing Tour, Including Historical Monuments and Backwater Boat Boating
Hello, my name is Khader and welcome to Cochin. I'm an experienced local guide in and around Cochin area.
I would like to share my knowledge and experience about Cochin with you all. As I am very familiar with the nook and corner of this city, I can show you each and every historical monuments and can explain their historical importance and legendary stories that make Cochin much more interesting. Besides there are places in Cochin which are not familiar but interesting which I can show you and you can experience it as a local. I can assure you that this Cochin experience will be memorable forever. You can also taste local delicacies such as curry rice and sea food.
What I like about my native city Cochin is its cosmopolitan nature with different ethnic people and you can see different culture in such a small local area, which is amazing and very rare to see in other places. I am very much proud to have been born in this city.
I look forward to see you in Cochin.
1. Starting from the Cochin Port Cruse Ships or hotel as the case may be.
2. Driving to Fortkochi, watching Chinese Fishing Nets & visiting Santa Cruz Basilica which is 2nd oldest Cathedral in India.
3. Then to St. Francis Church built in 1503, Where Vasco da Gama initially buried in 1524
4. After that have a look at handwashing laundary at Fortcochin, which is one of its kind in the world.
5. Going to Mattanchery by Luxury Air conditioned vehicle.
6. Entering Jewish Synagogue, the oldest synagogue in the common wealth & visiting Dutch Palace which was built by the Portuguese in 1557.
7. Walking through streets consists of organic spice market, Indian Souvenir Shops etc
8. On the way have a look at some religious places like Churches, Temples & Mosques.
9. Drive to boat Jetty and embark on a backwater boating, going on 1 way & returning in different way. (3 hours)
10. Covering Bogatty Island, Fish Farm, Paddy Farms, Village Flora & Flauna etc. Back to Cruise Ship Terminal or hotel as the case may be
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
- Hired Air Conditioned Luxury Vehicle
- Backwater Boat
Estimated Local Cash Needed
2500 Indian Rupee - Shopping, Food, Drinks.
I am doing only local tours in and around Cochin and up to Alleppey,Especially for "CRUISE SHIPS"
"ALL TOURS BY
AIR-CONDITIONED LUXURY VEHICLES ONLY"
Holidays:-Synagogue on Fridays&Saturdays and Dutch Palace on Fridays
both prohibited photograph
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Khader is a very good guide with a flexible approach to the itinerary. Khader's English is good which is essential on such tours. We all enjoyed the tour and would use again if we are ever in the area.