Day trip to the magical Don Diego river
The Magical Santa Marta city is surrounded by its gorgeous Sierra Nevada.
There is a variety of crystalline rivers which are grown in this amazing and sacred indigenous territory.
Don Diego River is one of these wonderful places to go on a tour. This river that is born in the snowy peaks of Sierra Nevada is surrounded by a marvelous amount of flora and fauna; species like funny monkeys, colorful birds and butterflies will be present at every second.
Enjoy the smell of exotic flowers and get connect with nature life and its sacred environment. Come and enjoy a dreamed day sharing the magic of this place. Let's have a boat trip and 30 minutes hike to visit Don Dieguito, a magical place of Healing Waters. Don Diego gives us the opportunity to share with indigenous and learn from them.
You cannot miss visiting this sacred place,
Come and join me through this magical experience
- Pick up at the port
- 1. 5 hrs. drive from the cruise to Don Diego River
- Visit TAYRONAKA museum
- Option 1: Tubbing experience from the mountain to the sea
- Option 2: 45 minutes ecological hiking up the river
- Break at Don Dieguito. Time to feel the healing waters
- Come back to the Village and have lunch or a snack (depends on the time)
- Visit the indigenous handcraft stores at the village
- Same Route back to Cruise Ship
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 5 hours
Due to weather conditions the duration of the tour might slightly change
- Hyundai H1 - 1 to 4 pax
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
150000 COP - Indigenous souvenirs and food
$ 50 USD = $ 150,000 COP ( Colombian Pesos )
You can pay food and souvenirs by USD or COP. Sometimes is easier for the traveller to pay by USD.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks