A walk through 2000 years of history with a private guide
This walking tour will let you know our extraordinary Roman and Medieval legacy.
Barcelona has one of the most well-preserved and extensive old towns in Europe. Come and enjoy a pleasant and relaxing walking tour through amazing streets full of charm and life.
If you are passionate about Ancient times and wish to be transported back into time, this is your tour!!
Sites we cover:
- Plaza Catalunya (the link between Old/modern Town)
- Ramblas (the most famous boulevard in town)
- Gothic Cathedral of Saint Eulalia (outside explanations and inside visit on your own)
- Traces of the Jewish Quarter: El Call
- Saint James Square (ancient Roman forum and site of the City and Provincial Councils)
- King's square (housing the Royal Palace, Royal Chapel, and the Lieutenant palaces)
Starting from Catalunya Square, we'll take the famous Rambla down.
On the left-hand side we'll find Old Barcelona, visiting Barcino, the Roman town with its roman wall, the ancient forum and quite a few hidden and charming streets and squares.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
Leisurely walking tour
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
No cash is needed for this tour
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Gloria's informative tour of Roman & Medieval Barcelona took us throughout the old town, stopping at various points of architectural and historical interest. It was fascinating to learn about the founding of Barcelona, what it was like to live in Barcelona during medieval times, and what modifications had been made to the city as it grew. We also stopped at the villa that houses the Picasso Musuem, and learned about Picasso's early life. My family LOVED the tour - including my 15 and 17 year old boys!