Visit 2 Wineries with Wine tastings and enjoy a Portuguese traditional lunch inside of a family-owned Winery
I am currently doing the international course WSET Award in Wines level 3 and it will help me out to provide you a proper Wine Tour to the heart of Douro Valley - World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
We early depart from Porto towards to Douro region. After stopping in a viewpoint for pictures we will visit a small Wine Producer with different wine tastings included. Here we will introduce you different categories of Douro wines, the terroir, the grape varieties and the aromas & flavors during wine tasting.
Before lunch, nothing fits better than 1 hour private boat trip tasting some snacks and drinking something special of Douro, while you enjoy the breathtaking views of wineries in the river banks.
Then we will visit a family-owned winery starting by a delicious home cook Portuguese lunch with wine paring. Later we will visit their beautiful property including a relaxed vineyard walk holding a glass of your favorite wine!
My selection of wineries are based in quality and local unique characteristics.
- Pickup at your stay in the early morning
- We will drive towards to Douro Valley during 1h30.
- Stop in a panoramic hidden spot over the Douro River for shooting photos and feel the breeze of the valley.
- Then we will visit a local winery with wine tasting (included)
- Around midday we will do beautiful private boat trip with snacks and drink onboard (included)
- Driving toward the 2nd winery
- We will enjoy a delicious home cook Portuguese traditional lunch with wine pairing (included)
- After lunch we will do a little walk through the property and also to the vineyards
- Back to Porto by a different route
*** CUSTOMIZE. Please consider me very flexible to customize a Tour for you. Please contact me for any questions or doubts.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 9 hours 30 min.
The tour can be longer because of the traffic jam.
Usually two options:
- 5 seater Car with A/C (up to 3 guests)
- 8 Seater Van with A/C* (from 4 up to 7 guests)
* No extra fees for a VAN
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 Euro - Just in case you would like to buy any wine, souvenirs or something extra not included in the Tour.
- Personal Expenses
No restrictions in regard to my guiding services. I offer a full range of experiences.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
This tour was perfect!! Ricardo was very informative and made this a memorable day. He was terrific.