In the last couple of years alone, I have hosted in excess of 50 extended trips for visitors to Australia, New Zealand and Fiji from all over the world.
Traveling has always played a major part in my life, starting well before I decided to make it my full-time profession.
What excites and fascinates me about travel, both professionally and personally is that I get to meet different people from all over the world and it provides me the opportunity of experiencing the cultures and values that they hold important in their lives. Visiting amazing places, and meeting and listening to locals has certainly broadened my mind, and I treasure these experiences.
What I value the most from my own travel is the level of authenticity in meeting locals who have kindly shared with me their insightful and interesting knowledge about that particular destination. I feel if these were the things I valued most in my own travel, other people just like me would definitely seek out the same experiences.
My family, friends, acquaintances and even people who I met briefly all seem to have some common observations of me. They consider me a responsible, reliable, enthusiastic and a fun person to be with who is always moving ahead non-stop. Their observations are very much the same as to how I see myself.
Every traveler has a picture in his or her mind as to what they feel their ideal holiday should be, and Sydney can easily cater to any individual or group's needs. From sophisticated restaurants, nightlife, and the arts to beautiful beaches and hinterland, Sydney is a modern city offering so much and a great destination for any traveler to Australia.
As a Sydney ToursByLocals Guide, my role is to share with you the love and passion I have for this amazing city and allow you to experience activities that will interest you the most. I hope to create great memories for you, whether you're visiting Sydney for one day or one month.
A Recent Review of this guide
Ivy Took us on a wonderful trip to the blue Mountains. Her husband did the driving so that Ivy could explain the history as well as present day facts about Sydney and the blue Mountains and the surrounding towns. Although the weather was not the best, we were still able to walk to the waterfall and see the three sisters, have a nice lunch and afternoon hot chocolate and scone. Ivy also called to get us a table at some of the best restaurants, we appreciate her hard work. We will recommend her to friends.
1. Professional Member, Institute of Australian Tour Guides (IATG).
2. Certificate IV, Tourism Guiding - "Highly Commended" Graduate, 2012, Sydney Institute.
3. Tour Manager/Host, Asia Pacific region since 2015.
4. Certified Guide, Kakadu National Park, Northern Territory, Australia.
5. Certificate IV, Trainer/Assessor in Vocational Education and Training (VET), Australia.
6. Accredited Provide First Aid by Edway Training P/L RTO:91401
1. I cannot pick you up from the port but I can meet you at the cruise exit and walk to the
2. My car can fit comfortably up to 6 people or less, please advise the quantity of bags needed to be put in the vehicle.