2-hour walking tour of Sydney's finest heritage and dining precincts
Tour this 'Paris style' district and see some of the finest buildings and best cafes in Australia, together with places where criminals and artists have fought and loved for two centuries.
The Potts Point, Elizabeth Bay, Kings Cross district was settled over 200 years ago, within months of the original landing by the British First Fleet at Sydney Cove. These precincts contain magnificent examples of every kind of Australian architecture (dating from the early nineteenth century), together with hundreds of restaurants, bars and cafes nestled along tree shaded streets, wonderful views of Sydney Harbour, colourful characters and fascinating tales of the rise of crime in Sydney over the past century.
This tour was developed in conjunction with one of Sydney's leading heritage architects.
You will be presented with special knowledge of architecture, local history, crime stories and food & wine during this unique, private travel experience.
• We'll walk through the lovely tree lined streets of Potts Point, past dozens of historic buildings, cafes, delicatessens and shops.
• Then down into Elizabeth Bay, one of the most beautiful precincts in Australia, with fine houses and apartments overlooking Elizabeth Bay and Rushcutters Bay.
• We'll then walk through Kings Cross, past bars and nightclubs, to see some of the 'underbelly' of Sydney life.
• I'll tell you stories of the fascinating social, artistic and crime history of the area and about many of the magnificent buildings and notorious places we'll see along the way.
• This is also the movie making capital of Australia, so we might just run into Russell Crowe, David Wenham or Hugo Weaving.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your inner city hotel, at Circular Quay cruise ship terminal or other place within 1 kilometre radius of the city centre and escort you to our tour starting point. Pick up time will be 15-30 minutes prior to tour starting time.
End location: You can return to your hotel or cruise ship by taxi, train or by foot. You'll arrive approximately 20-30 minutes after the completion of our tour. If you wish to visit other places after our tour, I'll advise you or escort you there as you wish. If you take the morning tour, there are many wonderful places to have lunch or coffee, or to shop after our tour. Or if you take the afternoon tour, there are lovely places to have afternoon tea or drinks, or shop after this tour. After the evening tour there are many excellent places to dine. We can work this out in advance or on the day.
Duration: 2 hours
Tour may not be available in really bad weather.
This is a WALKING tour.
*** SPECIAL NOTE ***
I can accommodate various groups of travelers. If you have specific transportation requirements, pricing inquiries or if your preferred start time isn't listed, please send me an email by clicking on the 'ASK A QUESTION' button that's listed on my tour page and profile. I will reply to you promptly. Thanks!
My services as your private, local, knowledgable guide.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 A$ - Cash for a taxi for up to 4 people from your hotel or wharf location to the starting point of this tour.
* Souvenirs and other personal expenses.
* Food and beverages.
* Transportation-related expenses.
* If you would like the tour to be extended, please let me know and I'll customized the tour based on your requests.
No special restrictions
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Stephen was an excellent guide. Tremendously knowledge and walked at a pace that worked real well for us. Great way to start our visit to Sydney. Dinner recomendations were great.