Marco Polo Regarded the city as The Oriental Venice
Suzhou is my hometown, and over 200 gardens dot the city. Today I will take you to visit several gardens to find out why Suzhou has been regarded as the birth place of Chinese gardens.
The first stop is the Humble Administrator's Garden, one of the four famous classical gardens in China. Then we will take a boat ride in the small canals. Afterwards, we'll pay a visit to Lion Grove's Garden where I. M. PEI spent his childhood. After lunch , visit the Shantang Street together with the famous Tiger Hill scenic spot. You may find the oldest leaning tower actually is not in Rome. . . . . BUT in Suzhou!
We'll meet in Shanghai at your accommodations or other agreed upon location.
- 2 hour drive to Suzhou
- Humble Administrator's Garden
- Lion Grove's Garden
- Shantang Street together with the famous Tiger Hill scenic spot.
At the end, a 2 hour drive back to Shanghai, and we'll finish at your accommodation or other agreed location.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: pick up from the guest's hotel
End location: transfer back to the guest's hotel
Duration: 9 hours
The village of Suzhou is about a a 2 hour drive from Shanghai.
Air conditioned Buick van
- English speaking tour guide service
- Air conditioned Buick Van
- All the entrance tickets listed in the schedule
- Bottled water
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 RMB - Lunch not included
Souvenir shopping or other personal expense.
- Any personal purchases or expenses.
- Wearing comfortable shoes is highly recommended. You may also consider bringing sunscreen and an umbrella.
I am not a driver. For my driving tours, I hire a vehicle and professional driver.