Discover SE Asia's biggest water village by boat, dine with locals and explore the mangroves and wildlife
If you have 3 hrs to spare, we can take a boat trip to discover Kampong Ayer, Brunei's very own water village. Departing from the Bandar waterfront by boat, we take a cruise around the village to see the sights and step off to explore the jetties and houses. Our visit includes a warm welcome inside a local house, complete with light refreshments and home-cooking.
We then ride by water taxi speedboat down the Brunei river to the mangroves to spot some local wildlife, which can include Proboscis monkeys (unique to Borneo), freshwater crocodiles, monitor lizards, birdlife (including the magnificent Hornbill species if we're lucky) - we have even spotted wild boar drinking at the shore before!
A picture postcard end to the tour normally awaits as we bob on the water to view a magnificent Borneo sunset. . . (weather dependant of course). We then speed back to Bandar, maybe even getting the chance to stop and see some fireflies on the way. . .
For more than 4 guests, please contact me for a customised tour.
1. Collection from your hotel /pick-up point (around 3pm, dependant on location).
2. Departure from the Bandar waterfront by water taxi speedboat 3. 30pm.
3. Site-seeing tour of Kapong Ayer (the water village) by boat.
4. Water Village tour and visit to a local house (including local cuisine and hospitality).
5. Speedboat along the Brunei river to see proboscis monkeys and other local wildlife.
6. View a spectacular red-tinged Borneo sunset (weather dependant of course).
7. Speedboat return to Bandar waterfront after dusk.
8. Drop-off by private vehicle at your hotel / drop-off point.
THINGS TO BRING:
Sensible footwear for embarking to and from the boats.
Light fitting clothes as will be hot and sweaty and we may get wet from splashes / rain - but that's also part of the fun!
A camera to record your memories!
Lifejackets are provided for the journey (for guests over 2yrs old).
Please note the trip is weather dependant. If raining heavily at the time of departure, it may not be suitable/so much fun to go!
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 3 hours
A modern air-conditioned car, electric windows (for groups up to 4)
A modern air-conditioned minivan/minibus (for groups up to 10)
Private water taxi for river tour
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 BND - All tour related expenses including admissions and transportation are included in the cost of the tour.
This suggested additional money is only required if you want to purchase souvenirs, extra snacks, give tips to other locals etc.
- Personal Expenses