5.5 hour private tour guided by your friendly space expert
This 5. 5 hour tour provides an extraordinary opportunity to learn about the history, current programs and future plans for space exploration. Your private guide is a real rocket scientist and an experienced space expert who will explain everything you see and answer all of your questions in a way you will easily understand. You will get an in depth guided tour of the Space Center which is the most popular tourist destination in Houston. This is where NASA trains the astronauts and operates the US human space exploration programs. You will see the actual hardware used to go to the moon, touch a moon rock, go inside a space station, visit Mission Control and see how we operated the Space Shuttle.
Your guide will meet you at the main entrance to Space Center Houston. Transportation to and from NASA's Johnson Space Center will be on your own.
On your own for transportation to and from the Space Center.
Your guide may change the order of this itinerary.
1. Meet your guide on arrival at the main entrance to the Space Center Houston.
2. View an excellent introduction to NASA's vision for human space flight.
3. Visit the Starship Gallery, touch a real moon rock and walk through an actual space station.
4. Go inside the Space Shuttle at Independence Plaza. Your guide worked on this engineering marvel for 17 years.
5. A short break for snacks and drinks at the "Zero G" Dinner.
6. Take a tram ride through the Johnson Space Center.
7. Visit Mission Control.
8. Visit the Rocket Park, including a guided walk tour of an actual Saturn V rocket that launched the Apollo astronauts to the moon.
9. Personal time for souvenir shopping and wandering around spacesuits and spacecraft.
10. End your tour at the main entrance to the Space Center Houston.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meet at the Space Center Houston outside the main entrance. The address is 1601 NASA Parkway, Houston, TX,77058. Your guide will be wearing a red NASA baseball cap and a red NASA polo shirt.
End location: Your private guided tour will end at the main entrance to the Space Center Houston. You will be on your own for transportation.
Duration: 5 hours 30 min.
This tour typical starts at 10 am and ends at 3:30 pm. Please coordinate with your guide to arrange alternate start and end times.
You will be on your own for transportation to and from the Space Center Houston.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 $USD - Per person for lunch, snacks and drinks, not including souvenirs. Space Center Houston has 2 souvenir shops and a large food court. You will able to pay with any major credit card or cash.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
This tour was great. So glad that we chose a private guide as NASA is huge and our wonderful guide, Bill, helped us navigate the "must see" parts. Bill was so knowledgeable. I highly recommend this tour and Bill as a guide!