7.5 hour group tour guided by your friendly space expert
This group tour provides an extraordinary opportunity to learn about the history, current programs and future plans for space exploration. Your private guide is a real rocket scientist and an experienced space expert who will explain everything you see and answer all of your questions in a way you will easily understand. You will get an in depth guided tour of the Space Center. You will see the actual hardware used to go to the moon, touch a moon rock, take a tram ride through the NASA Johnson Space Center, visit Mission Control, visit the Saturn V moon rocket, and see how we operated the Space Shuttle.
Then you will go to the Kemah Boardwalk where your guide will show you where to have the most fun on the thrill rides, amusement games or enjoy a lovely seaside dinner.
Transportation to and from NASA's Johnson Space Center and the Kemah Boardwalk, plus admission tickets to the Space Center Houston and the Kemah amusements will be on your own.
This tour can accommodate groups up to 40.
Your guide may adjust the order.
1. Meet your guide at the Space Center Houston main entrance.
2. View an excellent introduction to NASA's vision for human space flight.
3. Visit the Starship Gallery, touch a real moon rock and walk through an actual space station.
4. Go inside the Space Shuttle at Independence Plaza. Your guide worked on this engineering marvel for 17 years.
5. Break for meals and drinks at the food court.
6. Take a tram ride through the Johnson Space Center.
7. Visit Mission Control and see live, real time operation of the International Space Station.
8. Visit the Rocket Park, including a guided walk around an actual Saturn V rocket that launched the Apollo astronauts to the moon.
9. Personal time for souvenir shopping.
10. Board your bus and drive to the Kemah Boardwalk.
11. Walk along the seaside as your guide points out all the fun spots.
11. Enjoy the thrill rides and games or dinner at a lovely seaside restaurant on you own.
13. Say goodbye to your guide as you board the bus to leave.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your guide will meet the group on arrival at the main entrance to the Space Center Houston. He will be wearing a red NASA polo shirt. The address is 1601 NASA Parkway, Houston, TX,77058.
End location: Your guided tour will end at the main entrance to the Kemah Boardwalk area.
Duration: 7 hours 30 min.
The tram tour through NASA's Johnson Space Center does not operate during thunder storms that have lightning safety hazards.
The Space Center tour involves walking on even, paved surfaces for about 1/4 mile inside the main facility and 1/4 mile inside the Rocket Park, plus standing for up to 10 minutes at a time. The Kemah tour involves walking on paved, even surfaces for about 3/4 mile.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 USD - Lunch, snacks and drinks at the Space Center typically costs $7 to $15 per person. Space Center Houston has 2 souvenir shops and a large food court.
Dinner at Kemah typically costs $20 to $30 per person including tax and tip. In addition, you will have to pay separately for any games or thrill rides you chose to do at Kemah. The Kemah thrill rides typically cost $4 to $6 each, or $25 for all ride pass.
You will able to pay at all locations with any major credit card or cash.
As a condition of service, all guests (or their legal guardian) riding as a passenger in my vehicle will be required to read and sign a liability release on boarding the vehicle.