Challange stereotypes about Russia and its culture
Do you still think that all the Russian cities are cold and snowy? Russian people must wear a furcoat and valenki? Russians are busy with drinking vodka and playing balalaikas? Or wild bears usually walk along the streets?
Sochi is the best example to demonstrate that the reality of our life is very far from this stereotypical understanding of Russian places.
The subtropical city is home to an abundance of historical, cultural and natural landmarks, typical and untypical for Russia.
Deep into the local history from ancient times to the present by visiting the Museum of the History of the City-Resort of Sochi that has a collection of household items, weapons, jewellery, found in the areas of construction of Olympic facilities!
See one of mysterious dolmens - prehistoric megalithic monuments dated from 4000 B. C. to 1100 B. C!
Take a walk along the center of Sochi and, finally, enjoy Russian tea with feijoa jam, Russian pies, local fruits and nuts attending the northenmost tea plantations in the world!
This is for travellers who want to learn more about Russian history and culture, local traditions and break stereotypes about the largest country in the world.
The following tour itinerary can be offered:
- Visiting the Museum of the History of the City-Resort of Sochi
- Small promenade at the heart of Sochi
- Transfer to the tea plantation in Dagomys
- Exploring the tea plantation and attending Russian tea ceremony.
- Enjoying tasty local pastry with Russian tea and other drinks in the Tea Houses.
- Transfer to the center of Sochi
- Possible shopping
- Getting back to the hotel, airport, seaport or railway station
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Airport, Sea Port, Train Station, Your Hotel or a mutually agreeable place
End location: I can accompany you back to the Sea Port, Airport, Your Hotel or other mutually agreeable place
Duration: 6 hours
Transfer for up to 4 persons by a private car, for bigger groups by a minibus. We will also do a small walking.
The price of this tour includes:
- My services as your tour guide, friendly atmosphere, hospitality, good mood, my smile and a great desire to share my local knowledge with you.
- Pick up and drop off services from your location and back
- Car rental price with the driver
- Entrance tickets to the Museum of the History of the City-Resort of Sochi
- Tea Ceremony in the Tea Houses with Russian drinks and pastry
Additional hours are available if you wish to extend your tour.
Extra drinks, snacks, meals, souvenirs, any kind of shopping.
Note: If you have a group of 10 or more travellers, please contact me before booking the tour, since the total price of the tour will be higher due to the usage of a larger vehicle.
I'm not a driver, although I've got driver's license. I'm just a private local guide. I can accompany you on your own vehicle or I can arrange a comfortable car and hire a professional driver for you. What about Formula One racing car? :)))
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Tatiana is truly a warm and friendly person and an excellent guide. She listened carefully to what we wanted for our custom tour and did a superb job in making it happen - and exceeded our expectations. She speaks excellent English and is knowledgeable about the history , culture, and life in Sochi (and many other areas in Russia). We can not recommend her highly enough! (And thank you, Tatiana)