Countryside, Wine Cellars, Arts and Crafts, Slovak Specialities
You will experience the beauty of the Small Carpathian Region (up to 35 km from Bratislava, especially the town of Modra), pass through lovely village of Svaty Jur and small town of Pezinok with long wine making tradition, houses dating back to 16th and 17th century, nice squares, corners and wine cellars.
Most of the day you can enjoy city of Modra, the place of culture, literature, wine fests, ceramic production, arts and crafts, several typical local restaurants with famous regional specialities and great relaxing atmosphere. Modra is a great place to spend a day in a very nice way, visiting local ceramic producer, wine maker, parks and wine yards, gallery or museum, and especially enjoy the tasting of the wine made here.
Get to know about Slovak traditions from Modra region, its food, wine and countryside, and see the colorful landscape of Western Slovakia in just half day.
WELCOME TO SPECIAL SLOVAK WINE TOWN OF MODRA AND ITS TREASURE
* Pick up from your Hotel in Bratislava, transfer to Modra - regional pearl of wine making tradition and ceramic production, with stops in village of Svaty Jur and town of Pezinok
* Arrival to Modra, visit one of the local ceramic producers - explanation of ceramic production history, show, processing information, try on your own option
*Walk in Modra, learning about the history, passing through cosy streets and corners, Bizmayer gallery visit (local figural ceramic master)
* Tasty Lunch in a typical restaurant - tasting regional specialities
* Wine tasting in a private local wine cellar - explanation of the wine making process by a local expert
* Comfortable Transfer back to Bratislava
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your Bratislava Hotel - at the reception, or upon request
End location: Your Hotel - or upon agreement
Duration: 5 hours
PLEASE NOTE: I can adjust the tour to suit your needs and preferences. I can also prepare a TAILOR-MADE TOUR for you. Just specify your interests in the message please. You can also set your time of the tour, and number of travellers.
The tour includes arranged transportation. A minivan or a private car with driver.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 EUR - Admissions up to 10 EUR,
Wine Tasting Fee up to 15 EUR,
Lunch up to 20 EUR
I am not a driver for tours. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car with driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Zuzana did a fantastic job. Really knows her stuff and the tour of the small ceramic studio was very personal and special. Only to be topped by a visit to one of the local vineyards and a restaurant for lunch. Amazing experience.