Explore one of Singapore's icon, HDB flat
More than 80% of residents in Singapore live in government built apartments known as HDB flats. HDB stands for Housing & Development Board and as quoted from their website, 'HDB plans and develops public housing towns that provide Singaporeans with quality homes and living environments. ' Public housing is one of Singapore's icons and you can stroll through the show flats to have a firsthand view of its interior.
Visit the Gallery for an understanding of Singapore's public housing story and how the neighbourhood is developed. Explore Toa Payoh town, one of the earliest satellite public housing estate in Singapore. Visit local market, food centre, shops to experience how multi-racial, multi-cultural Singapore work, live and play.
- Local fresh produce market and food centre, the gathering place of locals for their daily essentials
- Integrated facilities in the neighbourhood catered for the different needs of its residents
- HDB show flat and home decoration ideas
- Gallery to understand Singapore's public housing story and the different schemes available to home owners
- Bustle of Toa Payoh town, meaning 'big swamp' in local dialect
- Shopping in local shops and take home unique souvenirs
- Bird's eye view of Toa Payoh town from the sky garden
- Singaporeans' favourite breakfast of kaya toast i. e. toasted bread with coconut jam and local coffee or tea (optional, own expense)
- Local version of ice cream sandwich (optional, own expense)
- Interacting with Singaporeans to gain a better understanding of their culture
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel.
End location: At the train station or taxi stand
Duration: 3 hours
It is a walking tour
Tour guide service for 3 hours. I will walk you through the Singapore's neighbourhood and give you an insight of the local lifestyle.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 SGD - For food and drinks mentioned in itinerary
1) Transportation to the tour site. I can meet you at your hotel and take local train or taxi to the site
2) Optional food and drinks as mentioned in the itinerary
I do not have a driver''s licence. However, I can arrange for private transportation if required.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Annie provided us with an amazing tour of local life. She was very friendly and always ready to answer questions. We enjoyed getting to know Singapore's neighborhoods.