Visit the Livonian Order and Turaida Castle located in Gauja National Park and Sigulda Town with a private guide.
Sigulda is situated on a picturesque stretch of the Gauja River Valley and it is known as the "Switzerland of Vidzeme" because of the reddish Devonian sandstone which forms rocks and caves on both banks of the river.
During the tour you will discover the history and lifestyle of ancient Latvian tribes. You will visit sightseeing attractions like the Livonian Order Castle ruins, Turaida Medieval Castle built in 1214, the wooden church built in 1750, and a sculpture garden dedicated to Latvian folklore on Dainu Hill.
Gutmanis Cave, the biggest internal erosion cave in the Baltic States, measuring 19m deep, 12m wide and 10m high, is not only a natural wonder, but also a place steeped in myths and legends.
- Departure from Riga to Gauja National Park
- Arrival in Turaida and visit Turaida Castle
- Drive to Gutmanis Cave and visit the cave
- Drive to Livonian Order Castle and have visit it
- Have a lunch break
- Drive back to Riga
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up and drop off from the centrally located hotel.
End location: Pick up and drop off from the centrally located hotel.
Duration: 6 hours
Walking and driving by (7+1 seat) minivan Hyundai-H1 with leather seats and air conditioning.
We have seating and space to accommodate 4 travelers comfortably. We can accommodate up to 6 travelers with reduced space in the vehicle, so please contact me for details.
- Professional licensed English speaking guide during the whole tour.
- Pick up and drop off from the centrally located hotel.
- Comfortable minivan (7+1seat) Hunday-H1 with leather seats and AC.
- All parking fees.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
8 EUR - per person - entrance fee in Turaida Castle and in Livonian Order Castle
Up to 10 EUR for the lunch (private choice).
- Entrance fee in Turaida Castle and in Livonian Order Castle
I am a licensed guide, and have no restrictions.