Cambodia is rich in history and culture as it is the oldest country in Southeast Asia. With over 3, 000 amazing stone temples, built during the Khmer Empire from 7th- 13th centuries, very peaceful, very friendly people, and beautiful landscape make Cambodia a tourist destination.
Hello my dearest travelers, I'm Sam, a reliable, enthusiastic, and passionate Cambodian tour guide. I was born in a small village in the remote area in Kampong Thom province, Cambodia. When I was in a village with my parents, I always went to the fields after my morning school session for a snake hunting, fishing, and herding my animals with the other kids. I also helped my parents' works in the farms such crowing rice, harvesting rice, and planting some vegetables for the family's consumption.
As a young adult, I spent several years to be a Buddhist monk following the Cambodian tradition. During that time I studied the Buddhism philosophy, and the Cambodian culture, courtesy, and morality.
In 2010 I spent a month in Poland to learn new things and western cultures. I really liked Poland and her people.
I moved to Phnom Penh for a proper educational opportunity when I was 16 years old. After I graduated, I got the chances to work for few companies in various industries such a private school ( teacher of English ), casino ( dealer ), hotel ( front office supervisor ), restaurant ( F&B manager ), and a part-time job ( interpreter and translator in English-Khmer and Khmer-English ). Finally, a tour guide, and this is my favorite job.
I've had this great opportunity to be an official tour guide ever since joining a tour guide training course organized by the tourism ministry of Cambodia in 2006. I also hold a bachelor degree of law and social science, and graduated from law school in 2010 ( night session school ). With over 10 years experience, I offer tour guided service regularly in the Angkor Archaeological Park and the surrounding areas.
I really appreciate my job as the job gives me an opportunity to meet and talk with people around the world. Indeed it is my pleasure to share with visitors my ancient stone temples histories, the daily lives of my Cambodian people, and my country's histories both ancient and modern ones.
I am an honest, punctual, friendly, helpful, and informative tour guide. I always get 5* feedback ( excellent service ) from my previous clients. I always treat my customers as a king and a queen. I'm flexible to your tour requirements in order to make your trip enjoyable and unforgettable. I do promise I will make your Cambodia journey safe, comfortable, and fabulous!!!
Please do not hesitate to book your Cambodia tour with me.
I'm looking forwards to serving you with a 5* service.
A Recent Review of this guide
Sam was very knowledgable and helpful and he spoke excellent English which was a bonus
- Bachelor degree of law and social science
- Former teacher of English at private English schools and NGOs
- Interpreter and translator from English - Khmer and Khmer - English for private companies and governmental institutes
- Official tour guide licensed by the tourism ministry of Cambodia with the license code : TG26830113 and the ID: 2127.
- I know clearly what time / where to visit the sites to avoid the crowd in order to make your trip enjoyable.
- Professional photographer ( beside being a reliable tour guide, I also have a special skill in taking very nice photos for my clients. I know all the best angles to capture awesome photos of the stone temples. My previous clients always said that you are not only an excellent tour guide but also a professional photographer after I assisted them to take plenty of awesome photos during their trips )
- As a licensed guide, I have no restrictions.
- Beside being a reliable tour guide, I also have a special skill in taking very nice photos for my clients.
-I know all the best angles to capture awesome photos of the stone temples.