Motor Tour of Blarney Castle & Kinsale from Cruise Ships in Cobh, Cork, Ireland
The Motor Tour starts once you disembark from your Cruise Ship at the historical and scenic town of Cobh. Cobh has one of the finest natural harbours in the world and the pretty town's architecture and streetscape is distinctly Victorian.
The tour will continue to Blarney Castle & Woollen Mills where you will kiss the Blarney Stone - the Stone of Eloquence and never again be lost for words. You will get the opportunity to shop at Blarney Woollen Mills and have a light lunch or snack at the restaurant.
The tour will go to the tourist town of Kinsale where you will view the historical Charles Fort which overlooks Kinsale and built to protect the town against invasions such as the Spanish Armada in 1601. You can then stroll through Kinsale's narrow streets and browse through it's numerous art and craft shops, bookshops, & restaurants, and perhaps enjoy a relaxing drink in one of the local pubs before returning to your Cruise Ship in Cobh.
9. 00am Collection from your Cruise Ship
9. 15am Drive to Blarney Castle & Woollen Mills
10. 00am Visit Blarney Castle & Woollen Mills, Kiss the Blarney Stone, view gardens, take in scenery and history of the Castle
12. 00pm Depart Blarney Castle for Kinsale and Charles Fort
1. 00pm Arrive at Charles Fort
1. 30pm Lunch in Kinsale, visit historical sites, shops, art galleries, book shops, marina activity and the waterfront
2. 45pm Visit Ringfinnan Memorial Garden
3. 00pm Depart Kinsale for your Cruise Ship in Cobh.
3. 50pm Tour of Cobh to include St. Colman's Cathedral, Titanic Memorial Garden & Cobh Heritage Centre.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will collect you at your hotel or Cruise Liner
End location: I will return you to your hotel or Cruise Liner
Duration: 7 hours
Luxury Mercedes Benz E Class Touring Car
All transport costs such as vehicle and fuel, professional driver, private tour guiding services, all administration, tour planning, and insurance.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 Euro - Lunch & admission to Blarney Castle
Admission charges to Blarney Castle - €18 Euro cash admission, €14 cash admission charge for Seniors.
I am not restricted access to any Historical or Heritage sites in Kerry. However, State owned properties such as Muckross House and Ross Castle provide their own guides of the interior of the buildings and you must honour and respect these regulations.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
I am not talented enough to express how delighted we are to have met Mary and to have so thoroughly enjoyed our tour with her. We experienced Cobh, Cork, Blarney Castle and the surrounding area so pleasantly that I had Mary take me to a local bookstore to buy a book of those wonderful Irish expressions. Mary is an absolute Irish treasure.