Learn about the role of Australia in the Viet Nam War and experience the fascinating coastal city of Vung Tau
Joining this journey, you will have opportunity to learn about the role of Australia in the Viet Nam War with a visit to the former Australian military base at Nui Dat. Explore the dramatic changes that have taken place in this once important military location.
Beside that you will also have chance to experience the coastal city of VUNG TAU, a small city located in the south of Vietnam. Situated at the tip of a small peninsula, it has been a significant port during Vietnam's period of French occupation. Nowadays it is still playing an important role in Vietnam's offshore oil industry.
- Meet you at the dock as agreed
- 45 minute drive to Long Tan and Nui Dat Old Battlefields
- Visit the Long Tan Cross Memorial, the former Nui Dat Task Force Base (Nui Dat SS Hill) as well as the former runway and Long Phuoc tunnels
- 45 minute drive to Vung Tau
- Visit White Palace
- Take photo of the tallest statues of Christ in Asia situated on top of Tao Phung mountain
- Have lunch
- Whale Temple - a spirit protect for all local fisherman
- Afterwards, 1 hour drive back and finish at the dock
The above itinerary can be flexible and changeable to best fit with your schedule and preference
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meet you at the dock or at your convenient place.
End location: Tours will finish at the dock or at your convenient place.
Duration: 8 hours
Ideal for Shore excursion visitors from Phu My Port.
Pick up at the dock and return the dock.
Tour are conducted in a modern, insured 16 seat van.
- A Personal English speaking guide
- Private air-conditioned vehicle with driver
- A modern 7 seat car, minivan or bus
- Entrance fee for Long Phuoc tunnels
- Port pick up and return
- Purified drinking water
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 USD - Flowers, refreshments or souvenirs
- Any personal expenses.
- Custom tours for larger groups are available. Contact me for further information.
As a licensed guide, I have no restrictions.