Visit the Capital of Ancient Illyria, Shkodra
Have an unforgettable experience at the Rozafa Castle in Shkodra and visit the museum for a better understanding of its history and surroundings. Learn about the legend of the woman who got walled in alive inside the castle walls.
-Visit one of the most prominent castles from the 4th-century B. C
-Explore the museum of the castle for a better understanding of the Illyrian people
-Learn about the castle myths and legends
-Enjoy the panoramic vistas of the Drin, Kir and Buna rivers from the castle top
After Breakfast drive to Shkodra, the most important city in north Albania.
You will have a chance to see the following sites:
• Rozafa Castle influences from Illyrians to Venetians, Turks
• Venice Art Mask Factory, the biggest supplier of the Venice market
• Visit The Roman Catholic cathedral of Saint Stephen
• Walk to the most beautiful part of the city Kolë Idromeno street
• Visit breathtaking village of Shiroka and Shkodra Lake
• Optional lunch at one of the best traditional restaurants in Shkodra
• After the tour we return back to Durres (approx 2 hrs ride).
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: Pick up point is for free inside city of Durres. If you are staying outside the city please let me know about your location and I can prepare a customized tour.
Duration: 10 hours
We are flexible about the duration of the tour if you want to stop on the way to take picture or drink coffee.
Volkswagen Caddy 2012 very comfortable vehicle with air conditioning. Max 3 travelers.
For a group of 4 to 8 people the vehicle is Volkswagen minivan 2018. Please contact me for a customized tour.
Walking tour inside the Rozafa Castle, make sure to wear comfortable shoes.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3000 Lek - 2000 lek - Food/person
500 lek - Drinks/person
500 lek - Souvenirs
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
There are no restrictions and whatever you should need, just tell me and I will try to arrange it!