Motor Tour of the Highlights of Shannon & County Clare
This motor tour will commence at Shannon International Airport or your hotel accommodation and will take you on a tour of the many highlights of County Clare which include The Cliffs of Moher, The Burren National Park, The Burren Perfumery, Kilfenora's Preserved Celtic Crosses, & The Poulnabrone Portal Tomb.
The Tour also includes a visit to the village of Doolin, which is regarded as the spiritual home in Ireland of traditional Irish music. Doolin is also a perfect location should you wish to take a boat trip to the nearby Aran Islands to experience their unique traditions and culture.
For those with a love for Irish Poetry, the Tour also visits The Flaggy Shore in North Clare made famous by the Irish Noble Prize winning Poet Seamus Heaney in his now famous poem 'Postscript' which was penned by Heaney following a day trip to that most beautiful of places on the Wild Atlantic Way.
The Shannon region and County Clare are places steeped in Irish culture and a must visit when touring Ireland.
9. 30am - Collection at your hotel or at Shannon International Airport at the arrival time of your flight.
10. 30am - Arrival at The Cliffs of Moher following a scenic drive through the villages of Ennistymon, Lahinch, & Liscannor.
11. 30am - Visit to the village of Doolin which can include a boat trip to The Aran Islands, or an early lunch in one of the local pubs.
2. 00pm - Scenic drive of Black Head and The Burren to include The Burren Perfumery, The Flaggy Shore, Poulnabrone, Corcomroe Abbey, and Kilfenora.
5. 30pm - Return to your hotel accommodation.
* For larger groups I can hire a mini-coach or bus with driver that will accommodate up to 50 people. Contact me for a quote based on your numbers.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Collection at Shannon International Airport or your hotel accommodation.
End location: Return to your hotel accommodation or Shannon International Airport.
Duration: 9 hours
I will be driving my 7 seater luxury Ford Tourneo Custom touring van, 2018 model, with leather seating, air-conditioned and maintained to a high standard.
The price includes all transport costs such as touring van, fuel, car ferry charge, toll charge and my services as a professional driver. It also includes my guiding service and admissions to all attractions listed in the tour such as The Cliffs of Moher and the Visitors Centre. The price also covers all my administration, tour planning and insurance costs.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 Euro - Lunch & Refreshments
If you choose to include a boat trip to the Aran Islands during the tour, the per person charge for the boat ferry is extra.
I am not restricted access to any historical or heritage sites in Kerry. However, state owned properties such as Muckross House and Ross Castle provide their own guides of the interior of the buildings and you must honour and respect these regulations.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
The Cliffs are the prime attraction near Limerick, so always enjoyable to go out that way. Ray knows the area well.