Hindu pilgrimage trip: Seven Shaktipeeths in Bangladesh
When Sati, the wife of Shiva and the first incarnation of Parvati, sacrificed herself at a yagna being performed by her father the King Daksha; a very distraught Shiva started dancing with her body. The world was terrorized from this TandavaNritya and to stop the devastating penance, Vishnu used his Sudarshan chakra (the whirling knife on his finger tip) and completely cut up Sati's body in several pieces. Wherever her body parts fell, a temple was erected to commemorate different manifestations of Shiva and Parvati and became a Hindu pilgrimage. They are called Pitha or SaktiPithas. These temples are scattered from present day Pakistan to India to Sri Lanka to Bangladesh to Tibet. Sati is also called Devi or Shakti (Strength).
1) JeshoreshwariShaktiPeetha: 2) SugandhaShaktiPeetha: 3) Bhawani Shakti Peeth:
4) Sravani Shakti Peeth: 5) Jayanti Shakti Peeth: 6) Mahalakshmi Shakti Peeth: 7) Karota Shakti Peeth.
Day-1: Fly from Kolkata to Chittagong. Visit Shitakunda and Kumari Kunda. Take overnight train to Sylhet.
Day-2: Arrival Sylhet early morning & Check in to hotel for having bath and proceed to (2 hrs. ) Jaintiapur to visit Baururbagh village and return to Sylhet town to visit Sree Sheail of Jainpur. At 4 pm take bus for Dhaka. Arrival at Dhaka by midnight and check in to hotel for overnight.
Day-3: 7 am transfer to Sadarghat river port catch the cruise ship for Barisal. 2 pm lunch and proceed to Khulna via Sugandha Saktipeeth at Barisal. Check in hotel at Khulna for overnight.
Day-4: Excursion to Munsiganj at Shamsernagar of Shatkhira. Return to Khulna for overnight at hotel.
Day-5: 6 am transfer to train station for Rajshahi. Arrival at Ishwardi by 11:30 am proceed (2 hrs. ) to Puthia - the temple city of Bangladesh. After having lunch proceed (2 hrs. ) to Bhabanipur of Sherpur district. Check in to hotel at Bogra in the evening.
Day-6: After breakfast at 7 am board on the bus to Dhaka airport.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Chittagong Airport by 12 noon.
End location: Dhaka Airport
Duration: 2 days
2 Days / 2 nights Trip
Train NON-AC Sleeper from Chittagong to Sylhet, AC Bus from Sylhet to Dhaka. AC Transport for local visit as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in Air Conditioned room at standard HOTEL/GUEST HOUSE with breakfast.
- Economy class air-conditioned ticket of the cruise ship from Barisal to Dhaka.
- Train tickets (NON-AC chair coach) Rajshahi-Khulna & Sylhet-Dhaka Air-Conditioned bus ticket
- Train tickets (NON-AC Sleeper Class) Chittagong-Sylhet (Subject to availability)
- 7 Days rent of Toyota Hiace Air-Conditioned Microbus with Driver, Parking, Toll & Fuel.
- Private transfers from Border/River Port to Hotel; Hotel to Train Stations as per itinerary.
- Dhaka-Burimari Air-Condition DLX Bus ticket.
Guide Service; Meals, Border formalities, Table drinks; Air fare; Travel taxes; Tips & Entry fees. & All personal expanses.