This full day tour includes:
1) Balaclava harbor where British camp was situated during Crimean War, where Florence Nightingale was busy as a nurse. In the famous Balaclava Valley of Death we see Reconciliation Stone Monument and the Monument to the 4th redoubt.
2) Sapoune Ridge where Lord Raglan's viewpoint was located during the Battle of Balaclava. We observe the whole Balaclava Valley from the height of 300 meters: "Thin Red Line", the Charge of the Light Brigade. There is a WWII Memorial Complex here, so we see an exhibition of Soviet guns.
3) Drive to Malakoff Hill, the former battlefield of the Crimean War and WWII with the exhibition of the original cast-iron Crimean War guns and WWII heritage ship guns.
4) Photo stop near legendary armored train "Zheleznyakov" from the times of the heroic defense of Sevastopol in WWII.
5) City centre; warships of the Black Sea Fleet
Our day and the time we start the tour is flexible and is meant to accommodate your schedule and interests.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: If you are coming to Sevastopol by ship I'll meet you in the port and will be waiting in the parking area (as close to the ship as it is only possible). I'll hold the card with your name in my hands and you'll recognise me easily. In case you are staying in one of city hotels we can meet at the reception at certain time.
End location: At the end of our tour I'll bring you back to the port or to the hotel.
Duration: 6 hours
We will take a private vehicle and also do some walking.
**Due to OFAC sanctions against my country, 100% of the tour cost is payable in cash in USD or EUR to me at the start of the tour.**.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Maria is the best guide you could imagine. Maria is fluent in English, she had all the knowledge about the things we saw, Crimean war and WW2 memorials. But most important of all, Maria takes good care of you, and her driver too, she gives good advice to 'a stranger in a strange land', about everything you need to know about visiting Crimea, due to sanctions is a bit difficult 2018. Maria is: Competent Skillfull Friendly Enthusiastic(she likes her work!) Very good English speaker Highly recommended by me