Enver Hoxha's-communist dictator house, Wonders of Nature and two Castles in a Private Tour
The city in the south of Albania was elected a UNESCO world cultural heritage site.
The castle which is believed is the largest in the Balkans is one of Albania's most magnificent monuments. Archaeologists believe that the site of the castle has been inhabited since the Iron Age with the first fortifications, block-built stone walls - probably being erected from the 5th century.
Dominated by the sheer flanks of its vast castle, Gjirokastra (Gjirokastër) is a magical city with a tumultuous past. From feudal stronghold, to Ottoman invasion, to Italian colony, the city has known many rulers and has inspired poets, authors and artists alike.
Also known by many as the "City of Stone, " Gjirokastra (Gjirokastra) is a developing center for cultural heritage tourism. A walk through its network of cobbled streets that climb steeply out of the bazaar will transport you back in time.
After a convenient pick up from your hotel or Saranda port where your cruise ship has docked we start our tour.
- The trip goes on straight to Gjirokaster and the Castle of the town which is one of the largest in the Balkans, the Ethnographic museum or our communist leader Enver Hoxha's house, the Obelisk and the Old Part of UNESCO protected city of Gjirokaster.
- Coming around the narrow stone streets we shall also visit one of the old traditional houses more than 200 hundred years old. A lot of traditional old Albanian Traditional Clothes are being sold from locals on shops located in both sides of the ancient stone roads of the old town so you shall get the chance to provide yourself with some very special souvenirs.
- Coming back to Saranda we stop first in the magical Blue Eye spring and our final stop will be at the sixteenth century castle of Lekuresi and the magical view of the town and the horizon that it offers.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I shall pick you up at any location within the town of Saranda, port, hotel, city center or agreed upon location.
End location: Wherever it is more convenient to customers.
Duration: 6 hours 30 min.
Several vehicles are at my disposal, Benz-Mercedes sedan cars all air conditioned.
I am able to provide tours for larger groups, please write me for a quote. Bigger vehicles can be arranged upon request at an additional cost. The vehicles are in a very good condition in order to guarantee a very nice and comfortable trip around.
- My time and service as your private guide
- All transportation in air condition vehicles.
- All Entrance fees are included. Entrance fee at the Gjirokaster Castle, Entrance fee at the Ethnographic Museum in Gjirokaster, Entrance fee at the Old Museum House in Gjirokaster, Entrance fee at the Blue Eye.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
2000 ALL - Mostly if you will want to buy any souvenirs.
A smart and casual dress code is applied in order to feel comfortable but also due to a moderate amount of walking.
I am able to provide the tour for a bigger number of persons. Please write me for a quote.