Siege of the capital of Sarajevo
This tour informs you about the scars of Sarajevo and what Sarajevo and its people went through during the period of the siege.
This tour is ideal to visit all sights of importance for the siege and to hear about real situation that all citizens of Sarajevo were faced with from 1992 to 1995.
You will see top Sarajevo attractions on a private sightseeing tour followed by a visit of War Tunnel Museum.
On this full-day tour, let an expert private guide show you Sarajevo's beautiful culture, tradition, our well-known Bosnian charm and fascinating recent history. Then head outside Sarajevo for an Olympic tour of our beauties, Igman and Bjelasnica, learn and discover more about XIV Olympic Games held in Sarajevo in 1984.
This private tour has an itinerary that can be customized to your interests.
- Hotel lobby
- Vijećnica (Library - City Hall)
- Markale Market masaccre sites
- Sarajevo Children Memorial
- Presidency House of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Sniper alley (famous sniper alley in Sarajevo)
- Parliament Building of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Holiday Inn hotel
- ex Marshal Tito Military Barracks
- TV house of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- East Sarajevo (part of Sarajevo in Republic of Srpska entity of Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Olympic Mountain Igman and Bjelasnica (destroyed ski jumping area, podium for receiving the medals)
- Many other locations interesting for the whole story of Siege of Sarajevo
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel or on travelers request location.
End location: Hotel or on travelers request location.
Duration: 6 hours
Transportation organized in a brand new car:
VW - LNF
Caddy Maxi Kombi Comfortline / Diesel / 2.0 TDI /modela:
Color: DEEP BLACK
Estimated Local Cash Needed
35 KM - 10 KM entrance for adults in the War Tunel Museum and a use of the cable car on Bjelasnica Mountain.
I am a licensed tour guide for Bosnia and Herzegovina territory and I am not permitted to offer guide service outside of my country.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We could fully enjoy our visit to Sarayevo thanks to Danijela who provided us with a lot of information about the town and its history. We wouldn't have experienced in such a deep way Sarajevo without a very professional guide as Danijela. The guided tour definitely exceeded our expectations and made the difference of our stay in Sarajevo.